Votes: 3 14.3%
  • The Ibanez RG-570

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • The PRS CE-22

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
That's a tough one. Many guitarist with great sound use PRS and I have always like Ibanez. That LTD looks niiiiice. I would play them all first through the amp you use, if you have one. Take your time and get which one YOU like the best. That is the best advice I could give.

Jacksons are my bet.

Kelly is my next...

Not too keen on their V tho... a bit strange looking, and awkward as fuck to play.

Originally posted by Trapped
Jacksons are my bet.

Kelly is my next...

Not too keen on their V tho... a bit strange looking, and awkward as fuck to play.

yea, they had these jackson that weren't bad...only thing is that the one with the nice emg pickups had a fixed bridge...the one with the floyd rose didn't sound that good

alot of ppl hate ibanez because lots of nu-metal ppl use them...they are however excellent guitars

the reason i'm asking this question is because i've tried the ibanez and ltd...the both sound good, look great and feel great, basically i'm torn between the two...i haven't tried the prs but i hear they're nice guitars, plus mikael uses a prs :D

the PRS....OR :

DC135-fsr.jpg

a Carvin DC135

Standard features
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

construction/scale- neck through, 25" scale
body- alder
neck- Hardrock Maple, graphite reinforced
neck width- 1.71" wide @ nut, 2.22" wide @ 24th fret
fingerboard- ebony (15" radius)
inlays- standard dot
hardware- Chrome
bridge- FT6 feed through body fixed
frets- 24 medium jumbo .095" wide X .048" tall
pickups- 2 Ap11 single coil & one C22T humbucker
electronics- master volume and tone, 3 on/off switches
tuners- Sperzel™ locking tuners
standard colors- black, white, red, pearl white, pearl red, pearl blue, tung oil, clear gloss
guitar dimensions- 39.5" long, 12.75" wide body, 1.68" thick body
weight 7.5 lbs

i've heard from many people that Carvins are better quality then ESP's or Ibanez guitars..... besides, it's sexy as hell :D

sure lots of nu metal guitarists use ibanez guitars as ornaments but Anders Bjorler an actual guitar player also used the RG series if im not mistaken....I have yet to play one though I own a Jackson King V and everyone that plays it says its weird to play but I love it id look into a jackson as well their necks are great and they play wonderfully......besides Mikael used to play a Jackson as well ;)

Originally posted by Statues_Turned_Dust
sure lots of nu metal guitarists use ibanez guitars as ornaments but Anders Bjorler an actual guitar player also used the RG series if im not mistaken....I have yet to play one though I own a Jackson King V and everyone that plays it says its weird to play but I love it id look into a jackson as well their necks are great and they play wonderfully......besides Mikael used to play a Jackson as well ;)

yea, i've heard good thigns about jacksons, it's just that they don't have a good selection of jackson guitars here in hong kong

btw...peter also uses jackson, as well as a les paul:)

Originally posted by KielbasaSausage
Mike played the Gibson SG Gothic guitar when i saw him on the american tour. He mentioned that he just bought it and he loves it.

i hate the sg, the gibson gothic flying is pretty damn ugly too...the gothic lespaul and gothic explorer are damn nice...

too bad i can't afford on:cry:

Hell yeah... Explorer's are great for rhythm, but everytime i've played one, it gets a little awkward (body shape) when you do leads, or anything like that.

Mind you, The Jackson Kelly is a weirder shape, yet it is perfect for lead.

I've yet to try one of those..
I've played a Gibson Goth. Exp. on three occasions, and it was quite good.

Keep in mind that I'm a bassist so I don't know what to look for in lead/rythm guitars ;-)

Originally posted by Sullen Jester
I've yet to try one of those..
I've played a Gibson Goth. Exp. on three occasions, and it was quite good.

Keep in mind that I'm a bassist so I don't know what to look for in lead/rythm guitars ;-)

in essence i'm a bassist too...lately i've gotten into guitar alot however..

i've been playing bass for 4 years and i play bass in my band...and i started guitar around two years ago