Jack Frost from Seven Witches

scanner313

The EYE
Aug 5, 2002
Western PA, USA
Visit site
Does anyone know this guy? I'm wondering if he's the same Jack Frost I saw back in the 80's. When I was 16 or 17 (16 years ago) I was in a band out of Toms River, NJ. There was a club called Olsens that we used to play at just about every week. For a month or so there was a band that featured a guitar player named Jack Frost, the band was also called Jack Frost. He was such an Yngvai wannabe is was laughable. He had all this incredibly expensive, top of the line equipment and had no finesse in his playing at all. They played very basic 80's pop metal but when it came time for the solo they were all exactly the same, a ridiculously fast mish mosh of notes up and down the scale. I remember he even did a guitar solo in the middle of their set where he started off with some sort of clean finger picking thing which lasted for about 30 seconds, and then right back to the mish mosh. I just remember all the guitarists used to laugh because he was being billed as some great guitar player and he really wasn't at all. I assumed he wasn't all that old because his father used to come to the shows and helped him lug his ridiculously huge amount of equipment. He also had a powder blue guitar, I think it was a Jackson or ESP, that he used primarily.

I'm wondering if the Jack Frost from Seven Witches is the same guy. I got to the Cleveland show in time to only see their last song and a half (Metal Messiah was the closer). I don't remember the guitarist doing the blazing solo in that song so I'm wondering if it's the same guy. I'm assuming the Jack Frost from back in NJ was in his early 20's or so when I saw him, which would make the Jack Frost from Seven Witches (if it's the same guy) about late 30's, maybe 40 years old. Also, is Jack from SW from NJ? I was wondering how SyX got hooked up with them for this tour (as I don't know who SW's label is) and figured that maybe they were friends of SyX from NJ.

Anyway, it would be interesting to know if this is the same guy.

Jack is friends with Mike Romeo, I know that much; Jack used to guitar tech for Mike, so he may very well be the same guy..

I thought the singer was pretty good from the song and a half I heard them do. The guitarist (Jack Frost) didn't seem to me to be all that great. Not terrible mind you, but just not what I would consider a great guitar player.

I thought Seven Witches put on a great show every time I saw them. They're just good, solid metal. The crowd usually got into them and it was just a lot of fun.

I think Seven Witches was a very fun band and the more I heard them the more I did like them!! They always got the crowd goin' which is really good for the opening act to get the crowd pumped and ready to go for the h other band,, so I was happy w/them! I mean not everyone can be as good as SYMX!! lol.. really IMO no one is,,!

well, I don't know much about the guitar player or the drummer, but I got to hang out w/the singer(James) and the bass player(Joey) for "awhile", and they were REALLY cool guys!! That matters alot to me about a band, (wether I love thier music or not(which I did like it).I would go see them again and support them cuz they are out there trying... thats what counts. not if the guitar player is as good as "so n' so"..imo
Anyways if Symx likes them they have to be good..huh?:headbang::D

meh, his stuff didn't really impress me.

He's not only in Seven Witches. He's also part of many other bands, including Fates Warning and Armored Saint (both of which, especially the latter, rock).

I myself wonder why the hell he's wasting time with Seven Witches...he's WAY more talented than the other three guys in that band. Trust me on that.

Jack Frost = Former Savatage, Metallium also in Bronx casket co. w/ Dd Verni. and lots of other stuff.
James Rivera = Helstar and a veteran of the 80's
Joey Vera = Armored saint, Fates warning and does a lot of producing for other bands. Also a veteran of 80's metal

Seven Wiches is almost like a tribute to traditional metal with original material by guys who are professionals and dedicated to the era and metal. They were a little predictable live, but I appreciate the effort and for one would rather hear them than all the crap that is forcefed to us all the time.
Also if Joey Vera sucks so bad then why was he a finalist in the Metallica sweepstakes?