Jack Owen to pull triple duty

May 28, 2004
Tokyo
DEICIDE's JACK OWEN To Pull Triple Duty At Ft. Lauderdale Gig - Aug. 21, 2008
ORDER OF ENNEAD, the Florida extreme metal band featuring Steve Asheim (drums; DEICIDE), Scott Patrick (bass; RESURRECTION), Kevin Quirion (guitar, vocals; COUNCIL OF THE FALLEN) and John Li (guitar), has tapped DEICIDE's Jack Owen to fill in for guitarist John Li for the September 13 show at The Culture Room in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Also scheduled to appear are DEICIDE and Tampa rockers ADRIFT, who also feature Owen in their ranks.
Li will not be able to play the show due to unavoidable, longstanding commitments. Owen will be pulling triple duty at this show, playing for all three bands on the bill.
Despite having the large task of playing for three bands in one night in front of him, that fact does not seem to be fazing him. According to Quirion, Owen is handling the band's material very well. "We had our first practice with him (Jack) and it went well. John (Li) was even there helping out."
Jack Owen will not be the only one playing for multiple bands that night. DEICIDE bandmate and ORDER OF ENNEAD drummer Steve Asheim will be will be pulling double duty on this show, playing two full sets with both bands. "Double duty for me it shouldn't be too bad;" says the frantic drummer. "I usually run through a couple sets a night at practice, so i'm ready for anything."
Asheim, like Owen, is no stranger to playing at high intensities for long stretches of time is looking forward to the challenge of playing for both bands in a live setting. He even offers fans a tip for when they may be in the position of doing the same thing on their own. "You just gotta stay hydrated water, gatorade, that type of thing."
ORDER OF ENNEAD's self-titled debut album was recorded at AudioHammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with the help of Mark Lewis, and will be released by Earache Records in Europe on October 13 and in the U.S. on October 28, followed by extensive touring.

Jack is the man! Playing with 3 bands in one night is brutal. Yeah, and of course I'd like to see that show. Though I've no idea what Adrift is all about. It's not Death Metal. I've heard it's some Hard Rock thingy. Whatever, go Jack go!

Jack always seems like the weak link in Deicide to me - he's nowhere near as gifted as Ralph was. Whether he can play three gigs in one night or not, I really fear for Deicide's future with only Jack playing guitar.