jackson chris broderick custom shop 7 vid

chris9

New Metal Member
Dec 3, 2011
here is a bit of fun shred vid of my new CB7 it really is an amazing guitar i love it

well done chris and jackson for making an awesome 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chris,

Nice playing!!! It's good to see my guitars are getting in the hands of other guitarists. I'm glad you like it, if you feel like posting any more detail feel free (pick ups, frets, balance, etc...), and let me know if you were a 7 string player before this guitar.

Take care, Chris.

thank you so much chris very kind of you to say. Yeah been a 7 and 8 string player for years. I can,t say enough good things about this guitar i have many ibanez 7,s and the dean RC7 but this is far better than all those the pickups sound amazing really clean sounding but still have lots of bottom end. The neck is really good and it has awesome fret access to. I can,t really say about the trem as i play odd (behind the trem) so i have it block up so its just a locking bridge to me but its a low pro like the ibanez one so its perfect for my playing style.
i just love this guitar!!!!!

Balance is an interesting topic... i relized that when sitting i feel more comfortable with the kelly rather than the rg-rga shaped guitar. I see you play with your left leg in a strange position...

@ChirsB.. i heard you are not planning a cheaper version... is it true?

The balance is great when its on a strap although it is fairly heavy but like i say i can,t fault this guitar had it for a couple of weeks or so now and i just keep liking it more its just awesome!!!!!

Usually heavy guitar sounds better, or, if you like, has more mids and sustain, witch is better to me! I envy your satifaction! ;)

How well do the pickups respond to your playing style? That's my biggest curiosity - I imagine they're even sounding across the whole neck?

The pickups are awesome for my playing style they also work well when i play country style to as it has the coil tap option.
this guitar just kicks ass ha there is one on ebay.com thought about buying another ha ha if i was rich i totally would

I picked up the 6 string sometime in November. Overall, I love it. There are a couple of things that have kept me playing my '91 Jackson, and leaving this one in the case, though.

First things first, though. I'm crazy about how the guitar looks (trans black with the natural binding, offset shape, control layout, headstock, fretboard.) Once I got it, it's everything I hoped for. Love the coil tap and kill switch. The way it feels with a strap is awesome. The balance is something I never expected. It almost feels like it 'sticks' to you somehow. The location of the strap buttons are perfect. You can completely let go of it, walk around, and the neck stays in the same place. And access to the 24th fret is great. Oh, it's also signed by Chris on the back of the headstock. So, what more could you ask for?? :D

Now for whats killing me. The e and b strings buzz when played open. They're fine when you fret them anywhere, they only buzz when played open (I don't quite get that.) Probably not something I want to try to fix myself on a new guitar of this caliber. Also, there's a lot of neck relief, and the action is surprisingly high. Not TERRIBLY high, but higher than I'd imagine most players of this type of guitar would like.

I know I'm probably nit-picking (well, except for the buzzing), and no new guitar is going to play exactly how you like it. And that also this is one out of how many guitars they build that are probably set up perfect. But, these are things I'll have to get taken care of, and not something I thought I'd need to do immediately after dropping that much $$ for a guitar. And, not something I want to do myself on this guitar.

All things considered, I'm happy with it. Chris did a fantastic job with this. It's the first guitar in a LONG time that I just HAD to have. Probably because of the teaser pics of the headstock last year! (Damn you, marketing geniuses :yell: .) And once I get it set up, it's probably going to give my favorite 20 year old stealth pro some quality case time.

Ugh, I guess it's worse than I thought. I finally got it out to get it set up. I was told that the neck was beyond a normal adjustment, and that just adjusting the truss rod could leave a "hump" around the 5th to 7th fret. He also told me that there were a couple of high frets toward the body. Now I have no idea what I'm gonna do (fishing for opinions here!)... Here's a couple of pics. I don't know if you can really see anything from them, but is it as bad as I'm thinking it is? I'm freaking sick over it now.

ayujr.jpg

f03dbs.jpg

99eyd2.jpg

28i9r0h.jpg

J
Ugh, I guess it's worse than I thought. I finally got it out to get it set up. I was told that the neck was beyond a normal adjustment, and that just adjusting the truss rod could leave a "hump" around the 5th to 7th fret. He also told me that there were a couple of high frets toward the body. Now I have no idea what I'm gonna do (fishing for opinions here!)... Here's a couple of pics. I don't know if you can really see anything from them, but is it as bad as I'm thinking it is? I'm freaking sick over it now.

ayujr.jpg

f03dbs.jpg

99eyd2.jpg

28i9r0h.jpg
Hey
Notmyself, I will help you out with this. First off Jackson will make sure it plays as well as possible and I will talk to them and they will fix it. Let me see what they want to do, ok? We will feet you sorted out.
Take care Chris

J

ayujr.jpg

f03dbs.jpg

99eyd2.jpg

28i9r0h.jpg
Hey
Notmyself, I will help you out with this. First off Jackson will make sure it plays as well as possible and I will talk to them and they will fix it. Let me see what they want to do, ok? We will get you sorted out.:devil:
Take care Chris

Hey Notmyself,

shoot me a PM and we will get you taken care of, but one thing I can definitely tell you is that you have the neck out of adjustment. Their is to much forward bow. The luthiers at Jackson know what they are doing so we will get you sorted.

Take care, Chris.

hey can anyone tell me the exact thickness of the neck @ I. and XII. fret? I haven't had the chance to play one these guitars yet, and I am curious about this!
greetings

hey can anyone tell me the exact thickness of the neck @ I. and XII. fret? I haven't had the chance to play one these guitars yet, and I am curious about this!
greetings

This may not be totally exact, I haven't seen the specs posted, but it seems about 3/4" thick at the 1st fret, and about 7/8" thick at the 12th fret. That's eyeballed with a ruler. So....

thanks a lot, man!
just have to play it and see how it feels! :) hope the 7 string isn't much thicker than that. otherwise the guitar is not for my rather small hands. anyway, I am thinking about having one build sooner or later.

but thanks again