Jag Panzer - "Casting The Stones"

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
yeah, the new jag panzer... Its really good, heavier than their past material in my opinion... sounds more nevermore-ish (kinda like nevermore + symphony x to these ears)

check it out.

Wolftribe said:
yeah, the new jag panzer... Its really good, heavier than their past material in my opinion... sounds more nevermore-ish (kinda like nevermore + symphony x to these ears)

check it out.

I was actually very surprised by this release... It's common knowledge that I don't like Jag Panzer but this one... I actually bought and liked! There are some pretty good riffage!

Larf03 said:
I was actually very surprised by this release... It's common knowledge that I don't like Jag Panzer but this one... I actually bought and liked! There are some pretty good riffage!

I bought the fourth judgement many years ago and still love the song BLACK and then TAKE TO THE SKIES I thought was pretty cool.

Poison God Machine said:
Great album. Heavier than their last two for sure.

The best I've heard from these guys so far is Thane To The Throne.

I dont mean to sound like an ass here, but most of you say all the time that this album is heavier this and heavier that, but to me heavy does not always mean better. Look at all the old Anthrax shit like spreading the disease, the guitars sound like bees for the most part but I love that album. It can be heavy as shit and suck if the muscianship isnt good, from the way you guys make it sound if its heavy its good, well if that was the arguement youd be including Nu metal which is nothing but trying to be heavy but sucks musically. Im not mouthing everyone Im just needing an explenation what your comments mean about something being heavy.

thats JAG PANZER, there good i supposed in there genre...but nothing crisp or refreshing in there total work for 2004...

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
I dont mean to sound like an ass here, but most of you say all the time that this album is heavier this and heavier that, but to me heavy does not always mean better. Look at all the old Anthrax shit like spreading the disease, the guitars sound like bees for the most part but I love that album. It can be heavy as shit and suck if the muscianship isnt good, from the way you guys make it sound if its heavy its good, well if that was the arguement youd be including Nu metal which is nothing but trying to be heavy but sucks musically. Im not mouthing everyone Im just needing an explenation what your comments mean about something being heavy.

Well the guitars sound a little thicker and it has a little more of a bottom end. It's also not quite as melodic as, say Mechanized Warfare or Thane To The Throne.

Poison God Machine said:
Cool. I just got it recently myself (had for a while on CD-R), and it is a very good album. Nice cover art, too.

cover art ROCKS ASS. Thanks for your interpretations of the heavy thing. Sometimes I just wonder what is really meant. It can be heavy but still suck, so i needed it to be cleared up.