Jag Panzer Disbands

Michaela

Metal Melts The Ice
Jul 20, 2005
www.metal-rock-impressions.com
Sad but true :cry: :cry: :cry:

A LEGACY COMES TO AN END: JAG PANZER DISBANDS

(25 July 2011 – Colorado Springs, CO) After more than three decades of delivering heavy metal to the masses, Jag Panzer have decided to call it quits.

“We are proud of every album we released and the support we received from the heavy metal community,” states guitarist and founder Mark Briody. ” We’ve played so many places around the world and enjoyed every minute of it but the time has come where we just cannot move forward as a band.”

Guitarist Christian Lasegue left the band last month to pursue his degree full time. “Christian did an amazing job on The Scourge of the Light and it was a pleasure working with him,” continues Briody. ”We wished Christian well but kept this quiet until we found a replacement.”

Drummer Rikard Stjernquist says,”Several guitar players applied for the job. It was a pleasant surprise to see so many young guitarists with advanced chops. One player, 19 year old Jake Dreyer, submitted videos of him nailing solos from both Chris Broderick and Christian Lasegue. We were ready to welcome Jake into the band but unfortunately that will not happen. There is no doubt in any of our minds that Jake will go on to be a household name in his own right.”

Bassist John Tetley adds a final statement:” In closing, we’d like to send out a huge heartfelt THANK YOU to metal fans throughout the world. You all rule!”

Posted by MarkBriody

Seriously? What - the - fuck ?!

"sad but true", yes for sure. One of the most unique Power Metal-bands with one of the greatest of singers. Just can't belive it..

Mark/John/Rickard/Harry

Sorry to see that JP has reached the end of the road. I like many fans was hoping that the new record deal, CD and lineup would help gather momentum for the band. I thought the new CD was excellent and was looking forward to seeing you play the new material live.

I've been a fan since I first got my hands on Ample Destruction back in '84 and was thrilled when I saw the band get Harry back for "Fourth Judgement". I looked forward to each new CD and was never disappointed.

I have great memories of seeing you live when you circled through New York City. Unlike many bands, you guys always hung out after shows, signing autographs and chatting about bands you liked. Very classy, always got the impression that you were big fans as well.

Anyway thanks for all the killer music. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

It's a shame the music industry can't keep a band like Jag Panzer alive. I hope the members can focus on their other jobs for a while, cool their heads and maybe plan a reunion down the road. I imagine they are disappointed with the lack of support (sales, concerts) after releasing the last album. Jag Panzer has been one of my favorite bands for years. I won't forget the day I listened to Mechanized Warfare for the first time and decided to take voice lessons. I am devastated but still believe they will make music again in the future.

Oh man, this sucks. I am sorry to hear this. I was really digging the new album, and was hoping that Jag Panzer would tour the states in support of it, or at least play a few select dates... This is a real bummer. I was hoping that they'd even have a live DVD come out one of these days. I guess it is not meant to be -- but hopefully all the members have things going on that will surface in the future.

NP: Jag Panzer - Power Surge "Mechanized Warfare"

Man, just hit the forum to see, if the rumours are true...

Really shocked to hear that.

This is VERY SAD news! I was so hoping to see them live again and to get a chance to meet Chris L too :(

I'll miss the music for sure but I'm also glad to have had the chance to meet and become friends with then since I first saw them back in 2002 when they toured with IE & IF....the band and touring might have ended but the memories of hanging out with them will always be hled near and dear.

Mark, John, Chris B, Harry & Rikard are all really cool down to earth guys and I was really hoping to be able to meet and chat with Chris L:(

Thanks for everything guys! you'll definately be missed by myself and your many fans.

I have been listening to Jag Panzer all week & to hear the news today, Well it sucks!

Thanks for all the great music through the years, You guys Rocked! I will keep on listening to your music...............