JAG PANZER's CHRIS BRODERICK Offering Guitar Lessons

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
From Blabbermouth:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=25677

chris.jpg

JAG PANZER guitarist Chris Broderick will soon be moving into the Los Angeles area, and is looking for prospective students for October of this year. Chris has been teaching for 12yrs+, and also has a degree in classical guitar performance For further information on Chris's teaching schedule and more, please send an e-mail to brodericklessons@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only!

In other news, Chris's instructional DVD is scheduled for a September release following the new JAG PANZER album, "Casting the Stones". The DVD was delayed due to Chris preparing for a classical guitar recital.

As previously reported, the intent of Chris Broderick video, which will feature outtakes, bonus material and plenty of live footage, "is "to have both technical and theoretical ideas paralleling each other while becoming more advanced," according to Chris. "Unfortunately, the scope of this video will only cover tonal or key based soloing. I was originally going to cover altered scales, but the scope of this DVD would get to big (Maybe I'll save that for another DVD?)"

Chris Broderick's instructional video will include the following:

01. Warm-ups
02. Keys, modes
03. Scale fragments
04. Intervals
05. Seventh arpeggios

From the Jag Panzer website:

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]"ATTN: Musicians" 08.11.04[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Chris Broderick will soon be moving into the Los Angeles area, and is looking for prospective students for October of this year. Chris has been teaching for 12yrs+, and also has a degree in classical guitar performance For further information on Chris's teaching schedule & more, please send an email to brodericklessons@yahoo.com SERIOUS INQUERIES ONLY! [/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Also, Chris's dvd is scheduled for a September release following the new Jag Panzer album "Casting The Stones" The dvd was delayed due to Chris perparing for a classical guitar recital. [/font]

unknown said:
I can only imagine how much those lessons will cost
You'd be suprised how reasonable they are. Regular guitar lesson rates. He taught me how to play a mean "Smoke on the Water" in no time flat and didn't even charge me. ahahah

MetalSteph said:
You'd be suprised how reasonable they are. Regular guitar lesson rates. He taught me how to play a mean "Smoke on the Water" in no time flat and didn't even charge me. ahahah

guitar lessons around here (in Los Angeles) generally run at least $20 a lesson. I've seen them as much as $40 a lesson

yeah, you can do that alone unless the teacher is having you analyze the song (such as chord structure, what modes are being used, intervals, etc...)

$20-40?? Ouch! I teach guitar and I only charge $15. Well, the store I teach through does. I'm not as good as Chris Broderick but the only thing he does I'm sure I can't teach is the crazy multifinger tapping Mozart kind of stuff. [note: He's probably a better teacher than me, but that's not quite my point]

I agree that teaching people songs is nothing super impressive, its much more useful to learn the necessary techniques and scales/chords inherent in a song to understand it better. A guitar teacher should give you the tools you need so you can learn songs without needing a guitar teacher.

My guitar teacher in highschool taught me Erotomania, but for the most part he just transcribed it and I had to go home and practice it. However he made sure my picking technique was awesometastic and taught me lots of other cool techniques and made sure I did them right and formed good playing habits while unlearning bad ones. He also gave me a good foundation in music theory. And for the record, I only paid $12-13 and he was an amazing guitarist and teacher.

-Matt

Christ guitar lessons are cheap. Drum instructors usually run about 30-35$ per session. I've never taken lessons, but was/am considering giving them, and that's pretty much the going rate for drums.

Matt Lee said:
$20-40?? Ouch! I teach guitar and I only charge $15. Well, the store I teach through does. I'm not as good as Chris Broderick but the only thing he does I'm sure I can't teach is the crazy multifinger tapping Mozart kind of stuff. [note: He's probably a better teacher than me, but that's not quite my point]

I agree that teaching people songs is nothing super impressive, its much more useful to learn the necessary techniques and scales/chords inherent in a song to understand it better. A guitar teacher should give you the tools you need so you can learn songs without needing a guitar teacher.

My guitar teacher in highschool taught me Erotomania, but for the most part he just transcribed it and I had to go home and practice it. However he made sure my picking technique was awesometastic and taught me lots of other cool techniques and made sure I did them right and formed good playing habits while unlearning bad ones. He also gave me a good foundation in music theory. And for the record, I only paid $12-13 and he was an amazing guitarist and teacher.

-Matt

when I stopped taking my guitar lessons in June (after four years of instruction) I was paying $24 for a half hour lesson. Unreal. But I learned a hell of a lot and I'm grateful for my teacher.