Jagermeister Tour -Slayer, KsE, Mastodon

MasterOLightning

Optimator
Jun 3, 2003
Chicago
www.myspace.com
I was there on Friday. Good show. This really shitty nu-metal band, Agent Zero, opened. You would think that someone would recognize that nu-metal is dead, but no, they still booked these guys. It seemed as if they ended their set early, thankfully. Mastodon was next, and their set was far too short unfortunately, probably only half an hour. They actually didn't get ripped on too badly by the Slayer fans. It was a good performance. Killswitch Engage surprised me. They put on a pretty good show. Even though I think Jesse would be a better frontman than Howard Jones, they were still good. The crowd was really into them from what I could tell. After a very long delay, Slayer played. Being 5'7" and 130, I had to worry about not getting destroyed, which prevented me from enjoying their set more. The raining blood from above the stage was really lame, unfortunately.

It was good to see tour with three bands with legitimacy. Having a metalcore band is a whole lot better than having to sit through Slipknot, or Godsmack or whatever. There are a crapload of tourdates for this one, so I guess a lot of you will have the chance to go. Tickets were $42 (fucking Ticketmaster). But probably worth it, unless you've seen the bands in question before. Since the tour runs through the middle of December, there's at least someplace to talk about it here.

I don't know Slayer well enough to give you their setlist. They opened with God Hates Us All and closed with Raining Blood. I'm not huge on Slayer, so I can't give you a whole lot more than that. However, I think the other two sets were as follows:

Mastodon:
Iron Tusk
March of the Fire Ants
Where Strides the Behemoth
I Am Ahab
Mother Puncher
Megalodon
Blood and Thunder

I'm pretty sure this is correct; order might be a little off. No Crusher Destroyer unfortunately.

KsE:
A Bid Farewell
Numbered Days
Rose of Sharyn
Life to Lifeless
Fixation on the Darkness
The End of Heartache
Breathe Life
My Last Serenade

The order on these is probably wrong, and there might have been one more song from the new, crappier album.

Going to the show on the 14th. I brace myself for the impact of faggot KsE fanboys who wish for teh buttsekhs.

sidenote: How could you not know Slayer's setlist, but know all of Killswitch's?.....o_O

yes please ... someone shine some light on the Slayer setlist ...

the Mastodon one looks good enough for the short time they have.
will try to brace myself and try to get to the front for Slayer.

i saw them nov 3 in WI
here is slayers setlist
NOT IN ORDER
fight till death
chemical warfare
hell awaits
at dawn they sleep
necrophiliac
angel of death
postmortem
raining blooooood
south of heaven
mandatory suicide
war ensemble
dead skin mask
hallowed point
seasons in the abyss
stain of mind
disciple
bloodline
+ 1 other song i remember i didnt quite recognize
i couldnt fucking hear tom at all
i was right in front the speaker
mastodons first song was ok but they sucked other than that
killswitch was fucking horrible
the opening band (forgot their name, from rockford, IL) was kind of funny cuz the singer looked like a dwarf
slayer was worth having to listen to all that shit though

Wow, that's an amazing line-up. i was supposed 2 c mastodon n slayer on the unholy alliance tour, but my m8 lost his tik, n no way was I gonna c slipknot, slayer, mastodon n hatebreed on my own

I skipped Slayer when they were here in Sweden because of all the dumbass nü-metal kids that would have gone (because of Shitknot and Shitbreed). The european tour should have been only Slayer and Mastodon, then I had surely considered going.