james... your recording setup???

nydeath

New Metal Member
Mar 25, 2005
hey james and everyone. first i'd like to say i'm glad to hear you're recovery has gone well james.

what kind of setup are you running with your computer that was in the pic from the gear thread? it looks like some type of mixer on the left and a recording program on the right but i can't really tell. it looks sweet though.

later.

James runs MOTU's Digital Performer on a Dual 1.4ghz G4 with 2Gb ram. He also uses a MOTU 828 mk2 interface.

There's more stuff, but thats the basic desktop system.

He also runs the same sequencer and interface with a 17" G4 powerbook as a mobile recording rig.

Razorjack said:
James runs MOTU's Digital Performer on a Dual 1.4ghz G4 with 2Gb ram. He also uses a MOTU 828 mk2 interface.

There's more stuff, but thats the basic desktop system.

He also runs the same sequencer and interface with a 17" G4 powerbook as a mobile recording rig.
close, very close... my Mac is a dual 1.42Ghz.. with 2 Gigs ram, as razorjack said.. but my desktop system interfaces are the MOTU 2408mk3 and the MOTU 308... i use the 828mk2 with my mobile rig.

I was close, didn't know about the 2408 or the 308 though. I just took a closer look at the pic of your desktop, I just took for granted the fact that you'd use the same interface for mobile and desktop. I don't know why though, PCI being faster/far more stable than firewire.