Japan tour promoters?

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Hey guys!
Without getting into too much detail. Currently I'm looking at a tour in Asia with my band in a few months time in China, HK, Taiwan and Korea. But Japan.. I ain't got no contacts... Anyone here by any chance know any promoters or anyone over there who might be worth talking to about tour options?

Cheers,
Chris

I don't know any, but I know that Andy from Lord may be able and willing to help you with some contacts. I've known him to help other local bands with similar things in the past.
Good luck!

Melb: My question wasn't meant sarcastically. To tour on a different continent you obviously have to draw an audience that will ultimately pay for flights/hotels/gear/food/etc. ... I can tour in North America, Europe, Russia, Australia and possibly South Africa - but I seem to have no audience at all in Asia. So that's why I'm asking ...

Melb: My question wasn't meant sarcastically. To tour on a different continent you obviously have to draw an audience that will ultimately pay for flights/hotels/gear/food/etc. ... I can tour in North America, Europe, Russia, Australia and possibly South Africa - but I seem to have no audience at all in Asia. So that's why I'm asking ...

Did NOT read it at all as sarcastic bro \m/
Actually, we have a small distributor in Japan and have sold quite a few copies of our most recent album across Japan and other asian countries. Unfortunately, it seems Japan is almost entirely its own entity for touring. We've got a 4 country Asian tour lined up, but Japan has been quite a hassle. We did have a few opportunities arise but due to some very hear nor there promoters, we decided to ditch them as they seemed a bit dicey.