Jason Constantine

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
For 4 years I have avoided it, but today I woke up to this:

zu9ybyne.jpg

I avoided linked-in bullshit on my Arcana email until today, and you have ruined it. Of all the things I have against you, this offense is by far the most grievous and from this day onward I will forward every linked-in email I get to your inbox. You're welcome. :laugh2:

On a serious note, who actually uses linked-in? I'm still not convinced it's an actual networking tool but rather a very carefully veiled spam depot.

I get that crap from people I KNOW are not interested in "linking" up. So call bs and spam. I delete them soon as I see them.

I dunno. I know a LOT of professionals that use it. Not music pros, just people with "careers" mind you, lol. I personally dont. I just dont like having ALL my fucking details just out there like that. Seems odd to me.

I get constantly spammed by that site. Somehow manages to pass every spam filter I set up too. Really annoying, even if it is legit.

Just because people don't use it for producing/mixing related jobs doesn't mean people don't use it. MANY programming/software development recruiters & companies scan LinkedIn for people to hire.

I can't even tell you how many I've had contact me over the past 8 or so months since making one. I've had a full-time programming job since May and still get emails all the time from recruiters who saw my resume on LinkedIn, despite the fact that it clearly says that I am currently employed on my page... and yes, they are real emails from legit companies/recruiters. Not one of them was spam.

I'm on it. In theory it's a professional networking site. It wreaks of dudes with cellphone holsters but for fields where your target market gets up before noon it's a better tool than facebook.

I don't get spam from it, but I guess it's because I already have an account. :)

There I'm mostly "connected" with people I worked, done business or went to uni with with. And it's main purpose is to ask around about a new company you might want to work for or about someone you are going to do business with. With 80 connections at least one of them knows something or knows someone who knows something. Even random people add me there to ask me about the company I work for, when the company posts an ad to look for new people.

Btw. I'm programmer.

For the record, I have a cell phone holster. My Thunderbolt's too bulky to comfortably fit in my pocket.

I'm on LinkedIn, and probably spend more time there than Facebook. I'm connected with clients, vendors, potential clients, other IT professionals, you name it. I'm big into business networking - BNI, chambers of commerce, etc. so it's right up my alley. I'm an IT manager, being an AE is very much a hobby for me, I do maybe 3-4 billable projects a year (not counting my own wanking around).

Would it be beneficial to an AE who's clientele is local bands ages 15-21? Debatable... but for me, I'm on there every day and have picked up a lot of useful info from boards and other members.

As always, YMMV.

Yeah I'm not really questioning the validity of the site; the 'spam tool' comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything.

I still fucking hate Jason for spamming his entire e-mail directory with it and have already set-up an autofilter that forwards linked-in messages to his e-mail address.

The most concerning thing I've learned from this thread is that people may have had direct email contact with Jason Constantine.