Jason Newsted, "Why Can't Metallica Take Out In Flames"?

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
JASON NEWSTED: 'METALLICA Are A Joke!'
Ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted has slammed his former bandmates over their decision to tour this summer with LINKIN PARK and LIMP BIZKIT, calling the move "an obvious cash thing" and claiming that the group are "not staying true to their words."

"It's a joke, I think METALLICA are just a joke," Newsted told Britain's Rock Sound magazine in reference to the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003, which kicks off on July 4. "I don't think they have any idea. I am fan of METALLICA again, I did my thing in there and felt good and I'm proud of that shit and I am more proud than sour. But that's the integrity down the fucking tube! Why can't they take out STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, why can't they take out IN FLAMES? What they are doing now is such an obvious cash thing and has nothing to do with the music that we're supposed to be fighting for.

"Kirk got quoted about their new record sounding like ENTOMBED. How can it sound like ENTOMBED, how? Who is playing bass to make it sound like ENTOMBED? James is a good bass player, but c'mon, dude! Lars — he hasn't practiced enough drums over the years — he let his art fall away from him, he doesn't have the same finesse as he used to have, so how is it going to sound like ENTOMBED and have that energy? And anyway if they are speaking like that how come they are not talking ENTOMBED out on tour? Or MESHUGGAH — how came they are not staying true to their words? That's what really bothers me."

Newsted's new band, VOIVOD, start their U.S. tour on April 10 and are set to visit Europe in June — but don't expect to see METALLICA and VOIVOD on the same bill.

"There is political shit going on, they are really against us being on the same bills," Newsted explained. "Wherever METALLICA is, you won't be seeing VOIVOD."

VOIVOD's new, self-titled album is due on March 4 through Newsted's Chophouse Records in association with Surfdog Records.

The whole Entombed thing was a joke, I highly doubt Kirk was being serious. They hate extreme metal anyway.

I'll tell him why not. Because they'd look like a bunch of washed-up, rusty posers playing "Load" material after some seriously technical metal by a supporting or opening band. Post-Justice = Snoozefest

My ass he said that.

And if he DID he is insulting those other bands. "HAHAHA, THEY CAN'T EVEN TAKE OUT A SHITTY LITTLE NOBODY BAND LIKE STRAPPING YOU LAD?? :lol: :lol: PATHETIC!! HAHAHAHA!!"

I KNEW there was a reason Jason was my favorite member of metallica!! I haven't heard something more right in ages!

THEY SHOULD BE TAKING SOMEONE OUT WHO NEEDS THE EXPOSURE AND HAS TALENT...NOT MAINSTREAM TOP 40 FERRIES WHO HAVE ALL THE EXPOSURE IN THE WORLD!!!

STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

AND...he's definitely right about Lars' drumming skills...Entombed? Sheesh...in Lar's dreams he's that good! I've never thought he stood out as a great drummer...he just kept the beat for some killer tunes back in the day...

Well i reckon In flames should take metallica on tour, not met take flames, in flames are far superior to metallica (IMO) but in the end its up to metallica what they do,

i mean theyve served a long good career and no doubt the majority of you have bought the cds and loved them so cut met some slack

they have not led us wrong so far, the new album might not be old school or "death"metal or "extreme" metal but i think its going to be good and in my opinion it will be in the cd players of all of you in the first few weeks of release so........

Stop Bad mouthing metallica

p.s That is all MY OPINION

Jason could be more right, fuck metallica. I loved what he said bout entombed, "Who is playing bass to make it sound like ENTOMBED?" Obviouslye he isn't.:lol:

@toliethead - I think that the black album isn't a snooze fest. I've heard people say that about justice. Don't be like them man.

Originally posted by Testament Legions
It sure as hell won't be anywhere near *my* CD player or in my home for that matter :rolleyes:.

Mine either...I haven't purchased a Metallica album since the HUGE dissapointment of Load..which was in my cd player once and never again...because it sucked and life's too short to waste my time on shitty music...So trust me..we will NOT "all" buy the new one..! NOT HAPPENIN!

Oh Wait...I did buy S&M...because I think it was a brilliant idea...but the only song I REALLY seem to skip to is One...it's killer. A couple of days ago a friend of mine bought a new truck and he wanted to burn it, because he has a cd player now so I dug it out and lent it to him. As a result it's in my car right now. The past couple of days I've been listening to it...BUT I seem to skip through most of the tunes. My Fave on the cd is ONE! It kicks ass! Some of it's lame and some of it's really good. I'm sure you all can guess which parts I like:D

"I'm sure you all can guess which parts I like"

I'm guessing the weak Girl parts, that the guys can't take.......:lol:
You did buy Load, I was just wondering, what 3 million people did? I have not bought one since The Black Album, which sold 17 million, but I was disappointed with that also, Oh well, sometimes it's wise to just stick with the past..................and ignore the present.