Jason Newsted

hell yea lars had everything to do with "THE DOWNFALL OF METALLICA" he need's to back playing tennis in sweden im a huge metallica fan the pre justice years anyways but like Southern Man I Am said if dave and cliff was still in the band they wouldnt have gone so soft (megadeth kinda went softer after rust in peace) but cliff would have kept there heads strait and they would have developed as a band but i really dont see them going from hard core thrash metal "kill "em" all to radio rock reload and yea i remember them saying something about NEVER BECOMEING A MTV BAND but as soon as ONE became a video thats when they whole metallica image changed

Hahahaha, money claimed Lars, James, Jason and Kirk, why do you think Cliff would be any different? He was the guy who they used to rag on for listening to REM, for fucksake.

Originally posted by Mister Nobody
Hahahaha, money claimed Lars, James, Jason and Kirk, why do you think Cliff would be any different? He was the guy who they used to rag on for listening to REM, for fucksake.

What's that got to do with anything? Some of the best metal musicians write stonger compositions because they understand how all music should be delivered with the right impact.

Cliff understood harmonies and orchestrations because he could appreciate other genres (including classical music).

I don't know whether Cliff would have sold out for the $$ (I doubt it), but just because he listened to REM is neither here nor there. Or do you think that all metal musicians only listen to metal?

If Metallica had Cliff and Dave they would be the best fucking band of all time. There is no way those 2 guys would let them go mainstream.

this is the funniest thing i've read today:lol: :lol:

Of course I don't think that metal musicians only listen to metal, nor do I think they should.

My statement was aimed at the people who saw Cliff as a bastion of Br00tal Metal, Cliff listened to other stuff, indeed, music that was/is mainstream, Cliff wasn't some true metal deity from which the secrets of steel flowed, and in my opinion, he was probably just as likely to sell out as any of them, or any of us for that matter.

He's on the rebound since the release of that "disaster" called ECHOLAME...
You know if the guy really believed in that band he would have stuck it out. Funny how he needed the freedom to do other things...
Joined another established band...
Good Luck to the guy.:Smokedev:

Voivod were lined up to tour the USA with Nile, Strapping Young Lad, The Bezerker, and Napalm Death. They have since dropped out of this tour and will be replaced by Dark Tranquility apparently.

Read the following and see how your opinion of Jason changes...

"The official reason Voivod bailed on the upcoming tour, contrary to reports from 'within the camp' is that the member — whatever he is named this time [presumably referring to Jason Newsted—ed.] had an enormous star attitude and demanded everything from more money to a catering list that could feed an army, along with the 'my own bus' request," Finberg said in a written statement submitted to Blabbermouth.net.