Ehh, not my ideal setup.

Im goin for a Mapex Pro M
8x8
10x8
12x9
14x14FT
16x16FT
20x18BD

(The 8x8 is a free tom from massmusic.net, otherwise it'd be 8x7.)

Need a new snare tho before a full kit.

I don't think you guys quite understand why you should be buying the drums.

Thraxz said:
I don't think you guys quite understand why you should be buying the drums.
First of all, Brady drums are awesome. Second of all, only 2 words really need to be said as reason enough to bid on these drums; the first of which being Jason, the second being Rullo. Reason enough right there!

In a few years, when someone like the drummer for my band or some other prog metal band in the making puts their drumset on ebay, this whole conversation will go on again.

Well, I imagine it would be harder for someone more set in their ways of what they want in a set to adapt to a drumset that was significantly different from theirs...

ptah knemu said:
First of all, Brady drums are awesome. Second of all, only 2 words really need to be said as reason enough to bid on these drums; the first of which being Jason, the second being Rullo. Reason enough right there!

In a few years, when someone like the drummer for my band or some other prog metal band in the making puts their drumset on ebay, this whole conversation will go on again.

YOU get it... others don't seem to...

EDIT: Rose doesn't.

I dont see how becuase X played it you should conform to his specs because HE played it, and hes an awesome drummer, and custom drums = TEH PWNZOR!

I know my ideal specs, as I've tried many configs over time, and found that to be ideal for what I'd be doing with the kit. Im sure it has some nostalgic value, but seriously, for a drummer who going ot be gigging, recording etc, I'd rather have a set to my preferred specs than having a kit becuase JASON RULLO played it.

Sure its a nice set, and is cool, just not for me, thats all.

Thraxz said:
YOU get it... others don't seem to...

EDIT: Rose doesn't.
very few share my state of mind about musical equipment. The only 3 things i ever do online are ebay, Musicians Friend and Ultimate Metal Forum. I pretty much use the internet for only talkin about Prog Metal, and studying music equipment. I know. I'm a loser.

urinalcakemix said:
I dont see how becuase X played it you should conform to his specs because HE played it, and hes an awesome drummer, and custom drums = TEH PWNZOR!

I know my ideal specs, as I've tried many configs over time, and found that to be ideal for what I'd be doing with the kit. Im sure it has some nostalgic value, but seriously, for a drummer who going ot be gigging, recording etc, I'd rather have a set to my preferred specs than having a kit becuase JASON RULLO played it.

I never said that you HAVE TO set it to his specs. I will admit that I was at fault for not saying that before,a and apologize for not being at all direct about it.

urinalcakemix said:

Thank you...this is what I mean.

I know what I said about how if Pinnella got rid of a keyboard, I'd want it...but if it were one I didn't think I would be comfortable with using, I think I'd want it to go to a more loving home where it wouldn't sit unplayed and collecting dust. It would be unfair of me to in essence take it from a person who WOULD use it to its fullest potential.

Whatever. I still want them, and im just saying that it would be an awesome thing to have. And I think 13 people can aagree with me there.

Rose Immortal said:
Thank you...this is what I mean.

I know what I said about how if Pinnella got rid of a keyboard, I'd want it...but if it were one I didn't think I would be comfortable with using, I think I'd want it to go to a more loving home where it wouldn't sit unplayed and collecting dust. It would be unfair of me to in essence take it from a person who WOULD use it to its fullest potential.

Like I said, you don't get it.

Thraxz said:
Like I said, you don't get it.
Part of me is saying that I respect your opinion, and that is but a small part. The other part is saying I WANT THAT SET!!!!! That part is the part that agrees strongly Thraxz, as well as L.Knight, who also gets the idea.

L. Knight said:
I would use it as a totem to behold everyday, praying to God Rullo and asking for his advice on serious matters.
L. Knight gets it. In reality, who ever said anything about playing them, anyway?

Thraxz--You have stated your opinion numerous times; is there any reason for you to continue picking at me? Unlike you, I have not anywhere demeaned those with the opposite opinion.

Good grief, enough, people. If you want the drums, then bid. If not, don't bid. No need to bicker over who wants them/doesn't want them & whether or not their reasons are valid..sheesh.

Rose Immortal said:
Thraxz--You have stated your opinion numerous times; is there any reason for you to continue picking at me? Unlike you, I have not anywhere demeaned those with the opposite opinion.

You are mistaken; neither have I.

Actually, yeah we did. I say WE, because it was us that were repeatedly saying that they didnt understand the concept of worshiping Jason Rullo through his drumset. Frankly though, i still inderstand, but now, i just dont care if they do.

Do not reply to this email . Contact the seller at this e-mail address :[edited by admin] . You expressed interest in an item titled (Brady drums 4 toms & 1 kick - Symphony X) (Item 7353615384) by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder. In compliance with eBay policy, the seller of that item is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price of US 750.00 . The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction . If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To purchase this item, don't reply to this mail, just contact the seller at [edited by admin]

Thank you,
eBay, Inc

Do not reply to this email . Contact the seller at this e-mail address :[edited by admin]

Regards ,
jrsymx146fw

[note from admin: no that wasn't Jason's addy, but it's very poor form to make private e-mail public without the knowledge/permission of both parties, so I edited the private info. -Jax]

Did he even get it? I dunno enough about how auctions with reserves work--did this go out to everybody who bid, or what?