Jasun-A Question

flu boy

Waffle Hut
Oct 20, 2003
Waffle Hut
Visit site
Let me start of by saying that the new Zero Hour album is a 10. Chris is an amazing vocalist and one of my favorite singers.

At the end of each of the sentences on “The Falcon’s Cry” (see lyrics below)
Chris draws out the last word (Awe, Walk, Hands, Afraid…ahhh). He does this in other parts of the song and it drives me crazy! It almost ruins the song for me. Do you know if Chris will be doing this with his voice on the new album?

I know this is a picky question and if you think I need to get a life that is cool :). Maybe it is me but does anybody else find this annoying? Again, everything else he does on the album is utterly amazing. Chris you RULE!!:headbang:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question…

Song: The Falcon’s Cry

Lyrics:

“I fall down to my knees in awe
Closer to the edge I walk
To touch the sky, I raise my hands
I close my eyes, I'm not afraid”

Well we do a lot of different things in the studio and I never get a clear view of what exactly we do until we're in recording the vocals. So at this time I can't really say yes or know he'll sing like this in some parts in the studio.

I think all different voices adds to the dynamics to the song. If we didn't like it we would have changed it.

No problem at all on the question bro and hope you're having a great start to the weekend.

Jasun

Well we do a lot of different things in the studio and I never get a clear view of what exactly we do until we're in recording the vocals. So at this time I can't really say yes or know he'll sing like this in some parts in the studio.

I think all different voices adds to the dynamics to the song. If we didn't like it we would have changed it.

No problem at all on the question bro and hope you're having a great start to the weekend.

Jasun

Thanks for the reply. That is true that carrying out the last word adds a certain mood, vibe or atmosphere to the song. I need to relisten to the song with that in mind and consider the lyrics. It is good to know that you guys are paying such close attention to every detail of every song. Thanks again for what you and Zero Hour do musically. Can't wait for the new album!!

I love the way Chris trails the last words of that part out. It adds such emotion and feeling of being in that place in time. When I listen to that song I crank up the volume and just fall into the song. It just freakin gives me the chills. All I can do is applaud.

I had mixed emotions when first hearing those lines, but felt more comfortable about them as time progressed and with repeated listens. It was a unique vocal technique for me and obviously, when you are unfamiliar with something you can have hesitations. I would suggest only limited use of it in the future, otherwise, songs begin to sound the same. Now, if there were to be a part two, II, or deux for that song, then obviously that vocal technique would be well-suited.