Jazz fusion metal?

Nov 30, 2005
Nebraska
www.facebook.com
Is there such a thing? Instrumental, progressive music with a blend of various instruments the way jazz fusion artists like John McLaughlin and Jaco Pastorius play, but with a distinctive metal influence? Would Marty Friedman's solo stuff qualify, or maybe Zombi? What about Pelican?

did you just watch extract or something

Referring to the job where they do the limbo - "I can't do that. I'll be the laughing stock of the Grindcore community"

Back on topic - Alarum are metal with some Jazz infusion. Not sure if it's what you're after though. Eventuality is a kick-ass album.

Pan.Thy.Monium.

not the entire song

Last edited by a moderator:
I know just the thing, give a listen to these songs by Diablo Swing Orchestra: Wedding March for a Bullet, Ragdoll Physics, and Boogie Boogie

Beyond that, I'd recommend the song A Shaman's Whisper by Gordian Knot and the song The Unpoetic Circle by Ephel Duath.

i am saddened by the lack of these bands...

atheist (lots of latin influence as well)
exivious
textures
cynic
planet x
blotted science
animals as leaders
liquid tension experiment

hell, even the faceless has a ton of jazz influence. look up the song "akeldama" by them.

yeah thats what i can think of for now, but honestly im a huge jazz and fusion fan and none of the people i listed come close to the real deal, for me at least.