Jazz in Melbourne

happy friggin camper

Gospel sodomy boy on blow
Jun 14, 2002
Melbourne, australia
Aside from Missing Link Records, are there any other places in Melbourne that stock a huge amount of jazz, and actually know what they are talking about when it comes to reccomendations.

If it helps, im really wanting to find some Alan Holdsworth.

Goreripper, im guessing from your post that you have some Alan Holdsworth albums.

If i cant manage to find any here in melbourne, would it be possible for us to arrange something, such as, you send me burned copies of his albums, and i can send you something in return?

Hey Happy Friggin' Camper,

Try The Basement Discs

24 Block Place

Phone - 9654 1110

They stock a large range of jazz albums and import releases. Alan Holdsworth albums aren't that hard to find, but not the sort of artist that many keep on hand.

happy friggin camper said:
So i have heard.

Ever since i started reading about the likeness between Alan Holdsworth solo's and Fredrik Thordendal's solo's, i just had to hear it.

Ah. You mean that Fredrik Thordendal's solos are a blatant rip off of Alan Holdsworth, and Fredrik gets more credit than what he's worth, 'cause all his solos are the same old repetitive souless crap anyway (and the same goes for Meshuggah on a whole).

augdem said:
Ah. You mean that Fredrik Thordendal's solos are a blatant rip off of Alan Holdsworth, and Fredrik gets more credit than what he's worth, 'cause all his solos are the same old repetitive souless crap anyway (and the same goes for Meshuggah on a whole).

I get the feeling you don't like Meshuggah. :p

They're a unique and bloody talented band, and to me they're about atmosphere (as far as the newer stuff goes anyway)...