JCM900 SL-X 50W - Opinions???

stilllifer

Dec 11, 2008
Hi all. Have someone local that is selling a JCM900 2500 SL-X 50W head that looks in great shape. It's the EL-34 version (Electro-Harmonix toobs), original Marshall 12AX7 pres with the 25w/50w switch on the back. There is no clean channel on this amp like the Dual Reverbs.

From what I have read, some folks love them and say they are underrated amps and others hate them... I know the love for the 800 2203 but I don't have the ability to run these full out cranked which is the way they should be played. I would be running the JCM900 thru my custom 2x12 cab with a UK Greenback and UK V30.

I am heading to check this amp out tonight or tomorrow but wanted some opinions from the good Sneapsters here first.

Thanks!

Geoff

I had a 100w SLX and it sounded great, it had reliability issues that i didn't want to deal with diagnosing/repairing so I didn't keep it long and flipped it for a good bit of profit.

I had a 100w SLX and it sounded great, it had reliability issues that i didn't want to deal with diagnosing/repairing so I didn't keep it long and flipped it for a good bit of profit.

Thanks man. Well I ended up trying it and buying it... amazing mint condition with the original Marshall ECC83's and EH EL34's (I'll swap out the preamp toobs). I don't think it was ever used live - it's like it never left the studio!!! Price was definitely right for me at $500 CDN!!!
Guy I bought it from has a few Marshalls, incl an 800 2203 and couldn't justify keeping this one around. Very cool guy and a great transaction - I'm stoked.!!!

Did a quick check in my 2x12 and it sounds great! Pics and clips to follow.

Congrats man, looking forward to hearing it!

Cheers. :erk: I would post a couple of pics but can't figure out how to upload them here... I feel kinda stupid asking but I've never uploaded any pics here - used the search button on how to fucking upload them but no luck... :mad:
Do I need dropbox or something similar???

Cheers. :erk: I would post a couple of pics but can't figure out how to upload them here... I feel kinda stupid asking but I've never uploaded any pics here - used the search button on how to fucking upload them but no luck... :mad:
Do I need dropbox or something similar???

use a photo hosting site like imgur or photobucket etc...