Jeff Hanneman dies at 49

Agreed. I saw 'em twice with the original lineup and both were great. I really do think they need to stop the band now though.

Itll be interesting to see what happens, but i dont think theyll stop. Pretty sure Gary Holt will be the new official guitarist. I dont think they should stop playing shows, just stop making albums. I cant imagine a world without Slayer.

Itll be interesting to see what happens, but i dont think theyll stop. Pretty sure Gary Holt will be the new official guitarist. I dont think they should stop playing shows, just stop making albums. I cant imagine a world without Slayer.

Honestly, I think as long as Kerry King and Araya are around, they'll still play. It wouldn't shock me though if they continue to make albums; in fact, I'm pretty sure they have a new one coming out this year.

I am sure they will continue on, esp since they have been playing without him already.

I first saw SLAYER in 88 on the South of Heaven tour at the Aragon.
Danzig and Trouble opened.

It was easily the most violent show I have ever seen.
This was when the Aragon foolishly still laid down folding chairs for their shows.
From the opening riff of SOH, every chair went flying.
And I literally mean FLYING!

Instantly there were hundreds of bloody punks, skins, and metalheads in the pit.

The bathroom after the show was absolutely disgusting. It was like something out of a movie.
Blood, blood, and more blood EVERYWHERE!
In the pisser, shitter, sink, floor, mirror, door, etc, etc.
Looked like the cover of MOB RULES.

Regardless of their more recent studio efforts, SLAYER has remained one of the most consistent live acts in metal.

Last time I saw them was '07 and they still brought it!

Damn. That's insane.

Yeah I concur on live. They are quite solid live and put most other bands to waste still. I haven't seen their new version though.

I never go near Slayer pits. The two times I saw them I had seats for a reason.

The craziest Slayer-related thing I saw was when Iced Earth played the pearl room and before their set, there was a pretty decently sized mosh pit when they had "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood" playing overhead.

I never go near Slayer pits. The two times I saw them I had seats for a reason.

The craziest Slayer-related thing I saw was when Iced Earth played the pearl room and before their set, there was a pretty decently sized mosh pit when they had "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood" playing overhead.

Ugh, I was on the front rail at that show and the pressure shoving me into the rail during Slayer being on the PA was intense. The only more intense part was when Testament played Over The Wall the next night and I got kicked in the back of the head while on the front rail in front of Skolnick... (laugh it up, pate :lol: )

Yesterday I listened to "Show No Mercy" twice. That probably wasn't a great idea since I wore my neck out headbanging before the show. I'm not going to listen to anything today until I get there!