Jeff Loomis is the new guitarist of Arch Enemy!

rapucore

i really hate spiders
Feb 25, 2013
FIN
Huh, didn't see that one coming. :lol: Haven't exactly been a "fan" ever though, not gonna change to one now either. Still, quite interesting IMO!

EDIT: Not a fan of Arch Enemy is what I meant :lol: Jeff Loomis is awesome

Interesting! I already had a ticket seeing them doing a combi show with Vader, Sodom and Kreator.
Wasn't too interested in seeing AE (except for the visual aspect perhaps :p) but now my interest is triggered a little :kickass:

Yeah, people are going crazy over it, although my impression is that he is only joining for the tour, so I don't see a reason to be that excited. Then again I'm not an arch enemy fan, so...

Is Arch Enemy actually a thing still? I don't know anybody who seriously listens to them anymore. If they are, good for Jeff, but I feel like he could have joined plenty of other well-known and successful bands, or formed his own.

No fan of the latest albums, but AE did pretty fucking awesome songs whatever people nowadays think of them ! This is pure gold :

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting! I already had a ticket seeing them doing a combi show with Vader, Sodom and Kreator.
Wasn't too interested in seeing AE (except for the visual aspect perhaps :p) but now my interest is triggered a little :kickass:

Wait, there's a line-up consisting of Vader, Sodom and Kreator + Arch Enemy?
That's weird... Sodom & Kreator together=nice, Vader might fit, too, but Arch Enemy?

Still waiting for Jeff to create a freaking awesome death metal band...

Even if he join the band to record future albuns, I think that he will not make much difference in songwriting, because I really doubt that he will have total control about the writing process, his creativity will be limited to the already limited style of the band!lol

Maybe with jeff Loomis hanging around they'll get back to good songwriting, instead of the self ripping off they've been doing the last few records. I don't care what anyone says, Doomsday Machine is a fucking masterpiece, and I love Michael Amott. That said, I haven't even bothered to attempt to listen to the new record.