Jeff Loomis joins Arch Enemy

On the topic of the Keith Merrow/Jeff Loomis collaboration, honestly ALL music that sounds like this just bores me to tears. Super technical guitar and lots of soloing? That's it? How people find that enjoyable is beyond me. Demisery is pretty good though and Keith writes some pretty good death metal.

A lot of people can appreciate the musicianship. I dig it but yea, I understand what you are saying about the bore factor. It's more for professional musicians or aspiring guitar players to masturbate to, I reckon.

I highly doubt you like Nevermore, but if you want to hear Loomis's 'riffcraft' and songwriting just listen to, uh, anything they've ever done. He writes some very powerful stuff. He's much more than just a typical shredder. Check out Politics of Ecstacy, Dreaming Neon Black, This Godless Endeavor, Enemies of Reality...all classics. It isn't death metal, but it's superbly executed aggressive heavy metal "Not being sold" on Loomis simply means you haven't heard enough of his work.

So I had no idea he had this side project Conquering Dystopia, as some of you have mentioned, and fuck it's awesome. Loomis is a fucking god lol...

A lot of people can appreciate the musicianship. I dig it but yea, I understand what you are saying about the bore factor. It's more for professional musicians or aspiring guitar players to masturbate to, I reckon.

I highly doubt you like Nevermore, but if you want to hear Loomis's 'riffcraft' and songwriting just listen to, uh, anything they've ever done. He writes some very powerful stuff. He's much more than just a typical shredder. Check out Politics of Ecstacy, Dreaming Neon Black, This Godless Endeavor, Enemies of Reality...all classics. It isn't death metal, but it's superbly executed aggressive heavy metal "Not being sold" on Loomis simply means you haven't heard enough of his work.

I do like Nevermore. They have some really good songs, but their albums seem to be mostly filler.

Who are they?

If you are serious.

Christian Muenzner played with:

Spawn of Possession, Necrophagist Starchild (live), Stormwarrior (live), ex-Daemon's Gate, ex-Märchenwald, Alkaloid, ex-Civilization One, ex-Defeated Sanity, ex-Hatred, ex-Majesty, ex-Obscura, ex-Paradox, ex-Nightrage (live), ex-Metalforce

Jonas Bryssling

Spawn of Possession