Jeff Loomis - Requiem For The Living (Playthrough of NEW SONG)

Altitudes

Stay Frosty
Jun 18, 2007
California
OH LORD! This one is amazing. If you don't like 80's style shrapnel shredding, don't listen. If you do, listen to THIS:

Also features a guest solo from Attila Voros. All the guest artist have been great so far. I think I'll have to buy this album now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how nobody bitched about Jeff while in Nevermore.

You fags just need to get over it, or move out of your parents basement and quit whining.

When has this forum EVER been about Nevermore? Yeah.

It's not that, but we get a Loomis thread every other week.

I don't see too many created lately besides the two that are active. Besides, a thread about Loomis is more relevant than most other threads, I don't see any point in suddenly making it taboo to talk about him.

this. thing is, i was listening to Zero Order Phase in the car today and as much as i liked it, it started getting kinda old towards the end. might get this one anyway when it comes out, just 'cause it's Loomis

yeah it's not really something you constantly listen to, but a good listen every now and then

Funny how nobody bitched about Jeff while in Nevermore.

You fags just need to get over it, or move out of your parents basement and quit whining.

When has this forum EVER been about Nevermore? Yeah.

Are you kidding? I did nothing but bitch about Jeff. Also, I pay my own rent and bills, thank you very much.

And I'm not saying this board needs to be about Nevermore, I'm saying Loomis should get his own board.

John, I think you are the only one that has a problem with the Loomis threads. You might just need to let this one go.

John, I think you are the only one that has a problem with the Loomis threads. You might just need to let this one go.

John is the biggest whore of turning any Loomis mention to as look at me direction on the board. Warrel is the lone moderator of the forum now, so what ever the populous may consider it is at his discretion.

Kev bish I'll be out west for Hydro Fest @ Sea Fair weekend in August...

Yeah, let's blacklist one of the largest contributors to Nevermore's music because he's officially no longer a member of the band. Even though the band has yet to release any material without him to talk about. Sanctuary is also not Nevermore, so should we stop talking about them here as well? Anyway, Zero Order Phase was pretty good, but it's not a repeat listener for me at all. Hopefully due to this album having vocals on at least three (four?) of the tracks, I'll be able to listen to this more than his last. I also can't tell when Atilla is soloing, unless he's specifically aping TPoE Loomis.

only listened to a few trax. but so far requiem, ultimatum, mercurial, escape velocity, rapture, and sibylline origin are all ace. they exhibit a tasteful blend of virtuosity and emotion. the songs are well balanced and well composed. plus there are sum blast beats on escape velocity which makes me happy. blast beats always make me happy. the melodic concepts are majestic and affectionate.

i dont care for the rest of the album.