Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase

rushzil2112

Apr 5, 2002
Dallas, TX
Visit site
Loomis' solo cd leaked this morning. I will keep my description short from what I have listened to so far. Sounds like instrumental Nevermore, and I am loving it. I usually don't like a lot of instrumental stuff, except a song here and there, but this stuff is great and heavy as hell. Now I can't wait to hear some new Nevermore.

Im giving this a spin after the DF cd, I hope I like it more than Warrel's solo. Loomis is one of my favorite geetarists

So it looks like the two best releases of the year are going to come from members of Nevermore... :headbang:

I absolutely love the Loomis solo, but I seem to not be able to get into the Warrel Dane disc as much...

I thought the album of the year would actually be coming from Jersey, though... :headbang:

I absolutely love the Loomis solo, but I seem to not be able to get into the Warrel Dane disc as much...

I thought the album of the year would actually be coming from Jersey, though... :headbang:

MY%20CHEMICAL%20ROMANCE%20-%20BLACK%20PARADE%2024X34.25.bmp

:lol:

Some pretty meaty riffs and some scary playing but overall its not doing much for me....Greg Howe's new one 'Sound Proof' blows it out of the water as far as instrumental releases go.

Whenever I see that MCR album cover, I want to toss a couple of suitcases their way and hand them a tip for bringing them up to my hotel room.

They just look like bellboys or something. :lol:

Some pretty meaty riffs and some scary playing but overall its not doing much for me....Greg Howe's new one 'Sound Proof' blows it out of the water as far as instrumental releases go.

Track 14 = Extreme Hilarity! :lol:
(I know people like that!!!)

Howe's new cd is also kicking buckets of ass over here! :headbang:

Greg Howe's new one is amazing, I'll start a new thread with my review of it so as not to hijack this one but yeah, really good...

Yeah I have to agree. I was never a Nevermore fan, but this Jeff Loomis solo CD just kicked my ass backwards! And I despise instrumental albums because I'm all for vocals. Very very good!

Yep.. it's not bad per se, but it's not overwhelming me either. Too much repetition imho..

Can you give a short review on the new Howe? I'm interested..

I had high hopes for this album as Jeff's playing terrifies me. While the the playing is superb, there's something about it that really does'nt grab me. I think the guitarist solo cd is a hard one to nail really well and to be honest the last one that really really blew my socks off was Kiko Loureiro's No Gravity. Other honourable mentions go to Michael Harris and Dave Martone.