Jeff Looms dvd

I've been after it too... Ive got a pdf of the licks off a friend, but havent made it down to WH Smith yet to get it! Is it this months (aka will it still be in stock lol)?

Any chance I could nab that PDF off you Kev? Ive had a look in my local WHSmiths and it aint there :(

I'm really diggin it man! Too bad when I attempt to play the stuff from the book it sounds nothing like Loomis :lol: I usually find myself just watching the demos over and over just to watch him play.

i picked it up from smiths about 3 weeks ago, i think it was either 5 or 10 quid...deffinately need 2 start practicing properly again....and kind of a shame that its all 7 string

great dvd though

i picked it up from smiths about 3 weeks ago, i think it was either 5 or 10 quid...deffinately need 2 start practicing properly again....and kind of a shame that its all 7 string

great dvd though

I've heard that most of the stuff in there only barely uses the 7th string. And I also just realized that Josh titled the thread Jeff "Looms" DVD hehe.

I've heard that most of the stuff in there only barely uses the 7th string. And I also just realized that Josh titled the thread Jeff "Looms" DVD hehe.

i dunno man, stuff i looked at....scalic runs....some arpeggios and riffs, all seemed to use the 7th string....will watch the whole thing on tuesday and report back :headbang:

Would this help someone who is looking to gain speed and actually practice useful shred technique? I align my style more with Michael Schenker but am looking to gain some speed!

-Joe

Would this help someone who is looking to gain speed and actually practice useful shred technique? I align my style more with Michael Schenker but am looking to gain some speed!

-Joe

Yeh I think so but all I ever practiced when I honing shred chops was going up and down the modes, alternating picking to a metronome for hours at a time or practicing the widdly lick from 'Cthulu Dawn' by Cradle Of Filth - just doing those 2 things is all you need ha

Yeh I think so but all I ever practiced when I honing shred chops was going up and down the modes, alternating picking to a metronome for hours at a time or practicing the widdly lick from 'Cthulu Dawn' by Cradle Of Filth - just doing those 2 things is all you need ha

Hehe yeah I figured that. Putting in the time is the tough part nowadays.

-Joe