Jeff Scott Soto

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Well I went to the Soto shows the last 2 nights!!!

Tuesday night was the Queen show. Not a very big crowd for Melbourne but probably the biggest he'd had so far on the tour.... 120-150 people maybe? Anyway I'm not even a Queen fan but it was an awesome show, what a great performer!!!!

Last night was the big one though, the proper show. The Corner was packed! Maybe 350+ people there, easily the biggest show of his tour, nice way to finish to send him home with fond memories of Australia haha. The show was UNREAL. During Teargas' set, Jeff & his whole band kept coming out (Jeff was already drunk I think haha) and spraying them with cream and playing pranks, Teargas' set was really good. They seemed "on" and had lots of energy & had a great time on stage.

Then Jeff's set, woah!!! He opened up with 2 of my favourite Talisman songs (Break Your Chains and Ecstacy) which was awesome! After the 3rd song there was already a short drum solo but that quickly just turned into *Do Do... Do Do..." and they playde Stand Up & Shout from Rock Star. Then went into some Axel Rudi Pell, then "Eyes Of Love" off his 2nd solo album, etc. He also did a bit of an acoustic singalong set which was cool. My highlight was "I'll Be Waiting" by Talisman which was unreal, lots of sinaglongs and he got Jules from The Deadthings up to help him sing it! It was funny, Jeff sung one line, then handed over to Julian to sing the next and he just goes "Are you gonna play some Kuni tonight Jeff?" hahaha. Then they finished the main set with some Malmsteen stuff of course, then the encore was awesome. First a bit of a jam which turned into You've Got Another Thing Comin', then a medly of gay songs (which he said is for the metalheads in the crowd haha) like Ice Ice Baby, Shake Your Booty, Stayin Alive, Play That Funky Music etc which was greta and had hilarious stage moves, then Teargas joined them onstage and they finished with a rockin' jam of Ain't Talkin' Bout Love!!

He came out after the show, signed stuff for everyone, then just hung out having drinks & talking to people in the public bar. Awesome guy!!! And of course I asked him the only thing you would expect me to ask him... without even introducing myself or any introduction (I was a little drunk haha), I go "OI! What was Vinnie Vincent like when you sung on his demos in '88?"

:lol:

First he said "He was weeeeeeeird man!" Hahaha. He said he was actually a very nice guy though, and easy to work with, but he's very "delicate", very shy and quiet and seems a bit insecure or something. I asked if he was nicer to work with than Malmsteen and he goes "MUCH nicer guy and alot easier to work with!". That made my day hahaha.

Awesome night, awesome performer, very talented band (the guitarist rips!), great songs, nice guy... awesome!

:headbang:

(He also said he's coming back in the next 6-8 months with Soul Circus, his new band with Neal Schon. That'll, as well as JSS and Soul Circus songs we might get some Bad English, Hardline and Journey!)

Yep despite the small turnouts at most of the shows he is definitely coming back!

He was telling Steve from Teargas and Steve was like "Dude you don't have to lie, I understand. The crowds have been terrible.." and he goes "Nah man I actually am coming back in 6-8 months with Soul Circus!" And then I heard him say the same thing to somebody else when he was leaving the venue this morning.

after what I saw both nights in Sydney (empty and very ordinary response) I just cant believe he will be back. It's certainly a feel good thing to say he will return but I don't think so. And Adelaide was meant to be around 50 people - so unfitting for such a great performer.

Yeah Adelaide was tiny I heard.

But he actually IS coming back with Neal. I'm surprised too but maybe next time they'll leave out cities like Hobart & Adelaide.... The tour broke even at least they didn't lose money. He seemed happy with Melbourne. The crowd here was really into it.... everyone was squashed up the front of the stage singing along to all the words, fists in the air, screaming out for songs (me & another dude were screaming for Vinnie demos like Gypsy In Her Eyes, and he goes "Vinnie eh?" and they played some of Lick It Up haha).

Wasn't much smaller than a Bruce Kulick crowd and he's been here 3 years in a row so far.

Speaking of fists I just read longtime internet trader crook Jymmi Slang (to name one of his alias names) got sprung at the JSS Melb show and copped a beating. I usually don't condone violence at gigs. but that cockhead ripped me off a few years ago too! And I know I'm just one of many from reading other boards.

Trixxi Trash said:
I asked if he was nicer to work with than Malmsteen and he goes "MUCH nicer guy and alot easier to work with!". That made my day hahaha.

Hehe he had a dig at Yngwie in Brisbane too...someone in the audience was yelling something about having opened for Malmsteen at one of his shows - Jeff goes 'Oh I'm terribly sorry. Was he as much of a dick to you as he was to me?' :D

Kandi Andy - yep that's him. Rip off artist and huge cockhead. Not cool. Seems quite a few Melb. people now know who he is and he's in a bit of strife that he's been positively identified.

I hope he has health insurance.