Jeff Scott Soto

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
I just want to say that this man put on an absolutely incredible performance and really stepped up to fill Morgana's slot. What a fun set and great selection of songs spanning a successful career in hard rock. Thank you Glenn for bringing him to PP USA and I could only hope he will be back soon in some shape and capacity. Hint - W.E.T.!

http://youtu.be/6QY_FRHsDvo

JSS was FABULOUS!!!!!!! I HAD very high hopes and Jeff w/his band surpassed them

I was hoping for more Talisman songs. I know he probably wanted to focus on his more recent solo material, but those Talisman songs are just so great. Would not have minded some Soul Sirkus or Queen/Europe/John Norum covers either.
The guitar player was pretty amazing btw.

Is it me or was it hard to hear Soto's vocals for most of his set? He seemed overpowered by the guitars.

And I would have loved to have heard fewer new songs and a couple of Axel Rudi Pell tunes, but that's just me. The Talisman medley was the highlight.

Soto definitely brought the "Rock Star" to Center Stage.
Great set and best joke of the week (Journey comment)

I also really enjoyed the Soto show. He's a great performer (has that "rock star" behavior which fits him fine) and his band is really good. Guitarist Jorge Salan was excellent and bassist Gary Schutt as well. All musicans were also excellent vocalists, the vocal harmonies were perfect. Jeff himself was awesome. He hasn't lost anything vocally, he nailed those highs in the Yngwie medley at the end flawlessly.

The only thing missing in his set for me was a song or 2 from his time with Axel Rudi Pell. Otherwise, I can just say I enjoyed it really much.

New album (Inside The Vertigo) still gets regular listens from me and the songs we had live were very good.

Great set, he was way better than I anticipated. I thought it was rather humbling when he wanted everybody to sing along with his Talisman songs, and got pretty much no response. Great songs they are, but one must not assume that everyone in the room knows them.

He had a killer band as well; were they all guys that are on the latest Soto album, or did he have different players just for this show?

He had a killer band as well; were they all guys that are on the latest Soto album, or did he have different players just for this show?

I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, played on the album. I looked at the faces in the centerfold picture, and they all looked familiar. :)

Great set, he was way better than I anticipated. I thought it was rather humbling when he wanted everybody to sing along with his Talisman songs, and got pretty much no response. Great songs they are, but one must not assume that everyone in the room knows them.

Yeah, I felt bad for him when that happened. And the crowd (self included) WAS obviously enjoying everything...guess I just wasn't the only one who didn't know the song.

Great show, thought!!