Jeff's van broken into, robbed. Tour may be over

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
From his Facebook:

Last night after our show in St. Louis, our tour van was broken into as we were grabbing a bite to eat before our drive to Dallas. We were parked in a well-lit area in front of the restaurant. In the ten to fifteen minutes that it took for us to order our food and eat, all of our personal items such as laptops, cameras, musical equipment, cell phones, passports and money were stolen. We came outside to find the lock on the driver side door popped out of the van, and promptly called the police. A report has been filed and the van was fingerprinted, but the leads don’t seem promising. The police stated that this is apparently a common occurrence in the area. We are all in disbelief, but are very fortunate for everyone to be okay.

After discussing the situation as a group, we would like to try to continue on with this tour, but to be able to do this, we will need your help. We have all taken a huge hit financially, and we cannot continue on without some sort of support. We have set up a paypal account for any amount of donations to assist us for the duration of the tour.

Below is the PayPal e-mail to make donations to.

JLoomisbanddonation@outlook.com

Any and all support will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jeff Loomis Band and crew

Agreed. It seems like every time you turn around, musicians are having their stuff stolen right out from under their noses. That sucks so badly...it's not like they were in the lap of luxury or anything and can get the record company to furnish new shit. Poor guys.

If they are all traveling in a van, I get the impression it's a low budget tour to start. So I'm not surprised they skipped on the insurance.

It would not have been difficult to leave one guy behind to stand watch. Bring him some takeout in return for playing guard. That was all they needed.

When you have to ask fans for donations, yeah you're running a bit lean.

My guitars/gear is insured for 100k, it's less than $500 bucks a year. Granted most of it very rarely ever leaves the house anymore, but that covers just about anything from water damage to theft over and above my home owners. I'm not sure who all is endorsed in the band, but you'd think the endorsers would step up a little. Anyway, shitty deal.

howtonotst.jpg

Well he was still on tour. But now he lost his dad. Poor guy can't catch a break.

http://jeffloomis.com/site/2013/04/24/a-message-from-jeff-loomis-april-24th/

On April 22nd in Corpus Christi, Texas, I got the very sad news of my father’s passing right before we were about to perform. I will be flying home to be with my family tonight and will rejoin the Soilwork tour in Richmond, VA on the 29th. Thank you all for your support and warm thoughts.

My dad meant the world to me and this is a very difficult time for both me and my family…

- Jeff

fuck dude. Seems like he's gonna take some time off after this tour to regroup, i'd imagine.