Jerry Cantrell or Wildhearts?

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site
I am toying with the idea of going to see either Jerry Cantrell or Wildhearts (both gigs on the same night!). I haven't heard much by either, but what I have heard I quite like. Any opinions? Who do you reckon will be the better gig?

Have just got my DIO tickets. Also quite fancy going to Hughes/Turner project (which is the same week as Jerry Cantrell/Wldhearts, and DIO! And throw in the magnificent Soil, and October is looking very very good for gigs!

:headbang:

Pax.

well i would go with the wildhearts on a personal level if you haven't seen them before they are fun to watch and it is a bit bouncy so if you need cheering up then go for them.

personally though this time round there was no competition the Supersuckers are playing on the same night and i'm afraid the wildhearts loose out this time round seeing as i've seen them quite a few times.
The Supersuckers are different enough to be really good fun and if you haven't heard 'The evil powers of rock N roll' just where have you been!!!!
it kicks serious arse.

;) ;) ;)

If you like street rock Wildhearts,if you're more in grunge Alice In Chains... Cantrell.I saw he has the rythm section of Ozzy in studio and in the video.But now there's the ozzfest.. When is the show.However i'd suggest you not to miss Hughes Turner and especially Dio

Thats kind of a tough one being that Jerry is from my home town (SEA WA, USA) and having never heard Wild Heart, call it bias, but I'd have to say Jerry gets my vote.

Bye the way hows it going Pax, it's nice to be back with everybody.

Neither, from my point of view, not my type of bands!!

Actually saw the Wildhearts a few months ago in Rock City Notts, and they bored me!

Go see Diamond Head, Hughes/Turner, Legends of Rock, Primal Fear, Threshold, Lacuna Coil, Dream Theater,Dio, Di'Anno, Dragonforce, Bad Company and ZZ Top!! ALL IN THE NEXT 6 WEEKS - Flippin' Eck whats happened with the UK gig scene?

Saw Infobia last night - amazing band from Hull, and Diamond Head with Witchfynde tonite!

Clean your ears out Vince! To much Knights of the round table rock does clog them up! :lol:

Wildhearts for me I think as they are in Bristol on my 30th Birthday! One of the best Brit bands for the last however long they've been going playing full on, no nonsence rock, metal, pop, punk stuff. Some interesting support bands as well if The Darkness are doing it.

Dickie.

Thanks lads, although I'm still none the wiser cos we seem to have a split vote!

Blackblood. - Jerry Cantrell is playing LA2 on 3rd October.

RicknRoll - I'm fine thanks mate, how are you? Getting to grips with the new message board?! I've just about mastered it I think! :lol:

Vince - Are Witchfynde supporting Diamond Head on the whole tour? I hope so!

Black Lagoon - Yet another new name Dickie?!! So many name changes, anyone would think you are on the run or something! :lol:

Pax.

Yeah I had a good holiday myself thanks.

I went to sunny Derbyshire and stayed in a log cabin in the Darwin forest above Matlock. Very nice it was to. A relaxing week drinking northern beer.
I even managed to go to Barnsley for a day out. My misses was saying "Why the fuck do you want to go to Barnsley?" I explained, but she just couldn't understand! :lol: :lol:

Didn't see Byford Towers though :( ;)