Jesper's New Band: The Resistance

I actually liked Antigone by Heaven Shall Burn... don't like anything after that.

I kinda figured that's the way The Resistance were going after seeing their vocalist. There aren't that many melodic death metal bands with vocals like Anders had around the Colony era... I'd love to find a band like that. The vocals always seem to be too low, or just yelling. Boringgg.

if you look part way down the band's facebook page, there's a comment that wall post from jesper, and in the comments one of the guys asks if we'll be getting any "whoracle riffs", to which Jesper replies "no, sorry". Interesting, but I guess this confirms that we aren't going to hear anything like the old in flames people were hoping for.

if you look part way down the band's facebook page, there's a comment that wall post from jesper, and in the comments one of the guys asks if we'll be getting any "whoracle riffs", to which Jesper replies "no, sorry". Interesting, but I guess this confirms that we aren't going to hear anything like the old in flames people were hoping for.

its obviously that they will play music more alike DZ style

Ah fuck it! Anders has gone gay, Bjorn all rockish wah-wah, Jesper old school. If they could find a middle ground, we would get another Colony. :)

I'm actually looking forward to this. I'm a big fan of Aro's stuff with The Haunted. From the sound of the clips, it's gonna be more thrashy/DZ style. Would prefer some silky melodies, but I think it's gonna be a solid slab of metal for sure.

I'm not a big fan of this sound, but maybe Jesper just need to get some frustration and rage out of his system. I think he is bound to do something similar to TJR-Whoracle at some point in future (if he continues to do music).

Wow, they don't believe in quality audio, do they?

Jesper looks like he's having fun... Nice.

Sounds like a swedish version of Soulfly. "eye for an eye".... hmmm... that's original. :lol:

It's cool though.... but definitely not the direction I thought Jesper would have gone in. I was hoping for him to return to the Whoracle or Jester Race or Lunar Strain older style that In Flames abandoned long ago. Oh well. *sigh*

I like the song a lot =) I don't understand why people would think it automatically would be oldschool melodeath just because of the guitarists. Neither of them are interesting in writing that at the moment.
Sounds like a swedish version of Soulfly. "eye for an eye".... hmmm... that's original. :lol:

It's cool though.... but definitely not the direction I thought Jesper would have gone in. I was hoping for him to return to the Whoracle or Jester Race or Lunar Strain older style that In Flames abandoned long ago. Oh well. *sigh*
Sorry man but why would you even think this? Jesper didn't leave In Flames because of the music lol, he wrote the music. If he had left because of musical differences then maybe I can't blame people for thinking he wanted to return to the ''old IF sound''. Clearly he has no interest in it, and this song sounds nowhere close to early IF, not IF at all.