Jesse Leach rejoins Killswitch Engage

Aug 14, 2008
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/02/06/its-official-jesse-leach-is-back-in-killswitch-engage/

I don't know how many people will care about this on here, but for me, this is huge news. To say I am excited is an understatement... Jesse has also evolved so much a singer since the Alive or Just Breathing days (as I said in an earlier thread: he even gave Russel Allen a run for his money on the Times of Grace CD on some tunes) I can only imagine what this next record will sound like.

What do you guys think?

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/02/06/its-official-jesse-leach-is-back-in-killswitch-engage/

I don't know how many people will care about this on here, but for me, this is huge news. To say I am excited is an understatement... Jesse has also evolved so much a singer since the Alive or Just Breathing days (as I said in an earlier thread: he even gave Russel Allen a run for his money on the Times of Grace CD on some tunes) I can only imagine what this next record will sound like.

What do you guys think?
AWESOME NEWS!!! My favorite album by KSE has ALWAYS been Alive or Just Breathing, so I am looking forward to this. Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for Howard Jones being out?

I can't freakin' wait to hear the new KsE record with Jesse back!! I agree with you on his progression since AoJB, and that Times of Grace record proves he is among the elite. This is gonna be a huge record. The only bad part is I'm sure this means there will not be a new Times of Grace record...but I'll deal with it!!

I loved Howard but I haven't heard any of the original singer's recent output. He was not very great on the first KSE album, I thought.

I HATED Howard. I mean, his screams were iight, and he could actually SING without autotune unlike a certain member of his peers (ahem, I'm looking at you Labonte), but his vocal arrangements in general were always so boring, passionless, and most important of all, unmemorable. I always felt like KSE never faltered in the actual music writing department, but their choruses were always terribly written from a vocal standpoint.

AWESOME NEWS!!! My favorite album by KSE has ALWAYS been Alive or Just Breathing, so I am looking forward to this. Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for Howard Jones being out?

Apparently he has diabetes and felt that he lost interest in the band. Obviously being diagnosed with a chronic disease that will cut your lifespan by about 15 years is never a good thing and I feel for the guy so don't get me wrong. But I am so stoked on this news. AOJB was one of my first hardcore records.

As excited as I am to see Jesse back to KSE, I really really wish I had gotten to see KSE with Howard on vocals. I like his tone very much and it's unfortunate he's out. I know that Jesse will do a killer job on vox though, as he was incredible on Times of Grace (such a good album that is!).

This is great news. There was a mysterious "Howards sick and in the hospital" episode during their last tour. Everyone assumed it was drugs, and after almost a year he finally said it was type II diabetes. It went unchecked for years, and his health was in bad shape. He got himself better, and when they started the new album, he wasnt into it, and the band saw it too. They discussed and split mutually.

A lot of people give him crap, from his vocals, to looking like an ad exec just off work in concert. I thought Howard was a MONSTER, and delivered some very important music to me during my 20's.

BUT...I can still remember the first time I heard Killswitch back in 2001. It was so fresh, something metal had been missing for a while. I am so excited for this next disc. Times of Grace was my album of the year last year.

I dont think Jesse has played a show with them yet. He has appeared with them a few times but only did stuff from the first disc. I am worried he doesnt have the power to pull off the Howard stuff. Then again, Howard didnt even attempt some of it live, he would just let the crowd sing it, which actually is a cool part of their live show.

I dont think Jesse has played a show with them yet. He has appeared with them a few times but only did stuff from the first disc. I am worried he doesnt have the power to pull off the Howard stuff. Then again, Howard didnt even attempt some of it live, he would just let the crowd sing it, which actually is a cool part of their live show.

He toured with them last year, and I heard there were a few "newer" songs in the setlist... no?

Times Of Grace w/ Leach and D. toured last years playing songs from that CD...but not Killswitch Engage...

In 2010 he did a few shows with KSE as an encore when Phil Labante was filling in for Howard.

Also Times Of Grace never played Killswitch songs live. I saw them.