Jethro Tull

Saw Jethro Tull live half a year ago. It was great although Anderson's vocals are pretty weak nowadays.

Thick As A Brick is a obvious favorite of them. Heavy Horses, Songs From The Woods and Aqualung are also on regular play.

Aside from the music being great, imo Tull is a rock band that deals extremely good with getting older. They're not trying to look young, to act young, to follow the music trends of young people. They just keep developing, changing, and being who they are. Does that sound like a certain other band to any of you? Well, maybe to early to judge.

Aside from the music being great, imo Tull is a rock band that deals extremely good with getting older. They're not trying to look young, to act young, to follow the music trends of young people. They just keep developing, changing, and being who they are. Does that sound like a certain other band to any of you? Well, maybe to early to judge.

lol, thats funny you mentioned this, i was going to bring up how tull and opeth are similar in many ways. thatzz why i luvv dem both!

Jethro Tull is classic.
Its just amazing what these guys did so long ago...
Songs From the Wood is also my favorite.
Gonna see them live in a few weeks in Munich... anyone else?

Jethro are fantastic, I love Benefit, Aqualung, Thick As A Brick, The Passion Play, Minstrel in the Gallery, Songs From The Wood, Heavy Horses, Stormwatch..... But some of the albums during that period (the 70's) also bore me! Never figured out why. Haven't heard much stuff from later, like in the 80's. So many albums though..

...just got home from Jethro Tull live in Munich. ("40th Anniversary Tour")
And it was amazing...!! Musically these guys were absolutely perfect.
Ian Anderson jumped from one side of the stage to the other during totally crazy flute solos, looking like a mad pirat...:D
On the flute he is still the absolute master, but his vocals were not that nice to be honest...He hardly could do the higher parts... but it seemed like maybe he was sick. A friend who saw them a short time ago,said he did much better there. (But in the lower parts he sang perfectly)

The setlist was also pretty cool... Some of Heavy Horses, and the first albums... The guitars were so fucking heavy...
And there was also a small drumsolo, which was pretty sweet and also very complex and fast...
Definitively a cool experience to see these Masters live...
...They are definitively NOT to old to Rock and Roll and too young to die! ;)

This is probably a stupid question, but were Jethro Tull one of the earliest bands to use double bass drums like that? While watching the video for 'Heavy Horses' (I think it was), the drummer incorporated some pretty metal-like double bass drum stuff during a fill, and I was like, 'Woah!' Didn't expect that.