Jim, I need your help.....

I didn't like Endtyme because I don't like the more sludgy production style of Billy Anderson, and it came across like Cathedral deciding to be slower and doomier and sludgier instead of like on Forest of Equilibrium where it sounds completely natural.

Haven't heard VIIth Coming.

Ethereal Mirror is actually the Cathedral album I'd say should be gotten first. You REALLY have to be in the right mood for Forest...

I got "VII Coming" 2 weeks ago and it's even worse than the last one...if that's possible. just nameless, faceless songs that come and go and leave no trace that were ever there, or that they even existed.

Oh, where is 'Utopian Blaster' or "midnight Mountain"?!?!?!?!

garth

Weird. I was just going to post a message asking Jim whether he ever got around to reviewing Cathedral's back catalogue.

I think Endtyme's great and I have every single Cathedral release. Forest is my favourite of course.

The only album I really disliked (Except for one or two songs) is Caravans Beyond Redemption. It's VERY uninspired AND it has a Dave Patchett cover! :)

I think Supernatural Birth Machine is totally underrated and it's probably in my top 3 Cathedral releases. Of course, it's got to be good because I have the Jap. edition with the Patchett cover (this seems like the criteria for a good Cathedral album around here)!

Filip