Job Offer: $200 for reamping of 9 tracks

Father Daniel

Use the Fork, Luke
Oct 14, 2011
www.facebook.com
Hi everyone!
My name's Daniel and I require reamping for guitars for my upcoming release. The band names is Gravity Rain, you can check the music here - http://soundcloud.com/gravity_rain
I pursue a fat tone but with some clangs (preferable but not necessary), this is dictated by the character of the music, it's rather slow\mid tempoed. From my experience a 5150/6505 isn't for that kind of music basically. As for the rest - I'm open for everything, including odd or handmade amps.

$200 for everything.

PM me or use this email - pain.dpt@gmail.com

Missed this :-(

In case the other guy doesn't work out.
Here is the new Bleed from Within video.
Used 5150III into recto cab for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forsee this being a nightmare for anyone involved based on this post on his Facebook page:

Gravity Rain via FB said:
Hi guys!
I’m looking for active and nimble minded people who truly believe in their dreams, love rock music from the bottoms of their hearts, and, of course, sympathizes Gravity Rain.

My debut EP “The Shining Silence” has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from all over the world, which in turn instilled me with strength and confidence in the further success of the project. So, I laid down the aim to reach the top level with my project and my crew, and to kick serious ass on all the biggest and coolest festivals worldwide, such as Wacken, Ozzfest, Rock am Ring etc. But I need to gather a Gravity Rain crew first, which, I believe, you can be a part of. Gravity Rain is the one-man project, but I alone just can't handle everything it needs in terms of promotion, which includes:

- interaction with media and press;
- attracting new audience and interaction with the existing one on the internet (social sites, forums etc.)
- searching for new live playing opportunities;
- generating new ideas for promoting the project on crowdfunding sites;
- videoclip-making assistance;
- general management of those internet sources, which the project is working with already (Facebook, Bandcamp, SoundCloud etc.)
- any other help and suggestions.

As you can see, the amount of work is rather considerable, but it is very interesting for the person who truly loves rock music. You will be the part of the solid and odd rock project, together with the rest of the Gravity Rain crew you'll travel the world and be on the backstages of the coolest rock fests on the planet!

Please, REPOST and contact me directly if you're interested.

Yep also the guy was asking for a free test reamp without providing any sort of backtrack.. I mean, a guitar tone by itself is kinda useless if you have nothing to reference to. The goal of a reamp is to wisely choose the amp/mic choice that will best fit the song. A tone might work in a certain scenario but not in another. Just my 2 cents.

I forsee this being a nightmare for anyone involved based on this post on his Facebook page:
So, a clairvoyant you are then.
Oh, man... I mean... Why you NEED to say this? This is a simple job offer thread, we've never had any confontations. For several years I've been just reading this forum, now I post my first thread, an adequate job offer thread and I receive this... But ok, if you insist... please, explain to me why, basing on my facebook post, this must be a nightmare for a person who took a job to reamp my guitars?

Yep also the guy was asking for a free test reamp without providing any sort of backtrack.. I mean, a guitar tone by itself is kinda useless if you have nothing to reference to. The goal of a reamp is to wisely choose the amp/mic choice that will best fit the song. A tone might work in a certain scenario but not in another. Just my 2 cents.
Concerning your 2 cents.
The guitar tone by itself is kinda useful and I suppose, you should tell your opinion on this to the community of professional people who reamp guitars without backtracks, and do this brilliantly and without complaining. I know at least several guys on this forum only, and they're not amateurs. The reason why I say this and why I think backtracks are not necessary is simple - you can mix these backtracks a million ways different, and thus you will need to reamp guitars differently to fit THE MIX YOU MADE. Reamping only guitars will result in the same million variations. So, why you need to make a mix? I know the answer - to obscure an initially poor guitar sound behind other instruments. And, yeah, I know that guitar sound can differ very much - being soloed on in the mix, but it has nothing to do with your backtracking requirements.

So, a clairvoyant you are then.
Oh, man... I mean... Why you NEED to say this? This is a simple job offer thread, we've never had any confontations. For several years I've been just reading this forum, now I post my first thread, an adequate job offer thread and I receive this... But ok, if you insist... please, explain to me why, basing on my facebook post, this must be a nightmare for a person who took a job to reamp my guitars?

Because I don't think $200 is a good rate for an album of reamps. FWIW I also refuse to do reamps without a backing - no context for the high end (cymbals) makes it really hard. It's not about obscuring a bad tone; its about finding one that works with the rest of your mix elements. If you're using programmed drums and changing on the fly then it doesn't matter and you're starting with the guitar tone and mixing from there, which sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Your FB post basically says "I made the music and now I need someone else to do ALL of the work associated with running a band/musical act in regards to online presence, marketing, promotion, crowdfunding, booking, social networking, and video production." I don't know if this is news to you, but writing the music is the easiest part of being in a band.

If you are unwilling to do your own social media product, crowdfunding posts, booking, marketing, etc then why would anyone else? You need to put the hard work in before you start asking for free shit.

I'd just like to pop my head in for clarification.

I've been asked to do these re-amps. I was paid in-full up-front after discussing the best approach. He is providing me with drum and bass stems so that I can properly tailor the tones to the songs. I was asked to do a test re-amp for free, but when I explained that the amount of work (setting up the amps and cabs, mics, etc) for a test would be the same as if I were doing the entire album and that I don't work for free, he agreed and based his decisions off of the clips that I had sent him of previous work.

We have maintained constant and clear communication, and have discussed workflow and turnaround time. While the rate is a bit less than my day rate, it is agreeable to me, as the songs are not quad-tracked. Reamping 18 guitar tracks, plus setup, should not take a full day, therefore I do not feel the rate to be unreasonably low.

That's where I stand on my end. As for the rest, I have no input or opinion.

Because I don't think $200 is a good rate for an album of reamps. FWIW I also refuse to do reamps without a backing - no context for the high end (cymbals) makes it really hard. It's not about obscuring a bad tone; its about finding one that works with the rest of your mix elements. If you're using programmed drums and changing on the fly then it doesn't matter and you're starting with the guitar tone and mixing from there, which sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Your FB post basically says "I made the music and now I need someone else to do ALL of the work associated with running a band/musical act in regards to online presence, marketing, promotion, crowdfunding, booking, social networking, and video production." I don't know if this is news to you, but writing the music is the easiest part of being in a band.

If you are unwilling to do your own social media product, crowdfunding posts, booking, marketing, etc then why would anyone else? You need to put the hard work in before you start asking for free shit.
All riiiiiiiight)) If you don't think this is a relevant sum, please, walk your way, this is a job offer thread. I believe now you've insulted the guys that are willing to do this job and replied in this thread and PMd me. And if you're refusing to make reamps without backtracks, please continue. But I know people that can mix a song just having a good guitar tone.

And why are you so sure about what my FB post basically says? It says what it says. And it doesn't say the things you mentioned. So, I suppose, you have an academic degree in promotion if you're giving me advices about it? The reason why I made this post is that I want to find a team of guys to HELP me do stuff, not take all this job. And I did this as a small addition to all other "not free shit" stuff that I have in mind about my promotion.

I don't see a problem with his facebook post,IF he's paying hourly rate
for these activities.
However it is not unlikely that it's too good to be true.