JOB OFFER: Vocalist needed

AEL89

Jan 22, 2009
I'm getting my website put together and I don't really have much metal stuff that I like the sound of so I decided to take a demo of some old material my band used to play, polish it up and use that. Only problem is we never laid any vocals down on it and we don't play this style of music anymore. I don't like going back to old stuff - we really couldn't recreate the vibe of the music so that's why I'd prefer someone with a different set of ears and a fresh point of view.

I'm willing to pay someone to write some vocals (including lyrics) for this track since there was little serious interest when I posted it asking for help in the mix/tone section a few weeks back.

PM if you're interested. Let me know how much you'd want to do it. I'd prefer to work with someone based near London so I could cover their travel on top of the fee and record it myself but obviously a lot of you guys are talented engineers, so if its not possible to work with someone face-to-face its not a huge problem. Only interested in American/English accents (I don't care where you're from, as long as you sound American or English).

I think the song sounds really good, I'm pretty happy with the mix and I think musically its ok too, even though this really isn't my sort of thing now.

Here's the track...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1041607/ARBITER - SNEAP JOB OFFER.mp3

It needs something catchy in the choruses and maybe something that eases into the solo section. I'd definitely prefer something heavier in the verses (including the little section at 0.20) but just vibe and see what comes out. If you compress on the way in, only a few dB GR would be preferable.

Cheers!

Alex

Screaming and clean singing. Screaming over the verses and singing in the choruses (maybe some backing screams in the chorus).

Wow clean mix dude. I think our vocalist would be great for this! He has really good high and mid screams and a very good clean vocal range. Ill get at him tomorrow and see if he is down. We will have to travel a little bit to my friends studio cause i do not have the vocal equipment capable of achieving the same quality here but lemme see what i can do. Shoot me a pm

^Thanks dude. PM'd you back. I wouldn't mind if someone has either a really good singing voice and someone else has a great scream - doesn't have to be the same person but I wouldn't want more than 2 people.

Bump. Thanks to the guys who've already contacted me...I'm looking for a few more options before I make a decision.