JOEL HOEKSTRA's 13, ft JEFF SCOTT SOTO, RUSSELL ALLEN and more

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
WHITESNAKE GUITARIST JOEL HOEKSTRA’S 13 SIGN TO FRONTIERS; GUESTS TO APPEAR ON DEBUT INCLUDE JEFF SCOTT SOTO, RUSSEL ALLEN, VINNY APPICE, DEREK SHERINIAN, TONY FRANKLIN

Says the label: “We've had the pleasure of working with Joel for many years while he was in Night Ranger and of course, now in Whitesnake and greatly look forward to releasing this latest project of his. Joel Hoekstra's 13's debut album will be out this October.”

Joel states: “I'm happy to announce the signing of Joel Hoekstra's 13 to Frontiers Music srl! I've had the pleasure of working with Frontiers for many years while in Night Ranger and of course, now in Whitesnake/David Coverdale and am looking forward to releasing this latest project with them. More details will be unveiled in the coming weeks, but for now, feast your eyes on this stellar lineup of musicians appearing on the album!”

Joel Hoekstra - guitars, backing vocals
Jeff Scott Soto - lead vocals, backing vocals
Russell Allen - lead vocals, backing vocals
Vinny Appice - drums
Tony Franklin - bass

Special Guest Musicians:

Derek Sherinian - keyboards
Chloe Lowery - vocals
Charlie Zeleny - percussion
Dave Eggar – cello

Wow, sounds it could be great. Joel's a really friendly and approachable guy. He's been a regular on the Monster's of Rock cruise for years, including his traditional Bloody Mary Hangover acoustic show at 10:00 AM. And talented as hell. He really enjoys working with other musicians and they reciprocate. Somethings nice guys do win.

Double Stop Podcast - JOEL HOEKSTRA

This week in the show - Joel Hoekstra is back on to talk about his new CD Dying to Live:
Joel Hoekstra (Whitesnake, Night Ranger) discusses his new project - Joel Hoekstra's 13. He discusses how the new album (Dying to Live) came to be, and the process of recording it. He also provides an update from the last time he was on the show (Episode 34), and discusses the recording the Whitesnake Purple album as well as the Purple tour.

On his audition for Whitesnake 1:38 "The first time I went out to meet with David, they had a pre-production of "Lady Double Dealer" for me to take a stab at playing a solo on. That was basically my audition. Pretty much what you hear on the album is what I wrote on my audition. And I also wrote the harmony solo that follows shortly thereafter."

On his new project Joel Hoekstra's 13 11:54 "It basically just sounds like a rock album. I had this weird dilemma because do I call it a solo album? I can't really call it a band, because I did all of the writing on it - I wrote all of the words and melodies, and the whole nine yards. So I thought the most appropriate thing would be to give it a project name. So Joel Hoekstra's 13 is the project, and the album is Dying to Live".

Last edited by a moderator: