John Titor

Oogadee Boogadee

Division drummer
Jan 23, 2004
Baltimore, MD
www.division-usa.com
John Titor
Another Titor Site

Has anybody ever heard of this guy? This site describes who he was and what his time traveling objectives were. In summary, his description of events to come is quite alarming!

Fiction or not, it's an enjoyable read. I'd suggest (after reading the web host's short intro on the home page) reading all the posts of John Titor in chronological order (categorized by month)... I haven't really searched other sites that may expose his story as a potential fraud b/c I don't want to spoil my enjoyment of his site until I've read all of his posts.

Ok, i lied... i did to a little search before I jumped into titor.com. I read that page when i first found the Titor page. The Titor pages have so much stuff that I wanted to see if it was worth reading.... I thought that the arguments on Idle Words weren't concrete enough to kill my curiousity. After that, I decided to postpone all other debunking sites until I finished Titor's.

The Titor pages aren't really about predictions of world demise and crap. They're more or less debating on whether or not time travel is possible, with secondary arguments covering everything from future world order, ethics, etc. falling under that one major question. And sometimes I like to think that if it can't be proven impossible, then it's possible.... I'm sure you've all heard that one before!

Idle Words mentions a flaw in Titor's physics... however, they do so by making some assumptions first. They assumed Titor included the weight of 2 black holes that his machine creates when operating when he described his time machine as a 500 lb device. However, he never said "when the machine is on and operating, it weighs 500lbs." He simply said that the machine is 500 lbs - so we can just as much assume the opposite - 500 lbs sans 2 black holes.

Finally (and Titor may have just been covering his ass with the following statement) Titor said that he may have a couple minor details in describing the components & the science behind how his machine works... but much like most computer users don't know what CPU stands for and most auto drivers don't know the formula for horse power, he's just a pilot or operator of the time machine, paid to do just that, for specific missions. He's not the R&D guy or the physicist or whatever.