John Waite recommendations?

Mr. Lapin Kulta

Evil invader
Jul 20, 2004
Northernmost Sweden
www.moonsorrow.com
Since discovering The Babys I've become a massive fan of John Waites vocal abilities. His performance on "Head First" in particular must be one of the most powerful and emotional I've ever heard! Pure magic as far as I'm concerned!

Anyways, what I wanted to check with you guys is if there are any must-haves among his many solo albums!? I don't care much for looking up single songs on YouTube etc. I want it all straight away :) But given my financial status I thought I'd check in here before going further down the path :)

Songs are good on the BE album. I think it's more down to me being hung-up on his lisping. It has bothered the hell out of me since it first came out haha :)

Something that kind of ruined John Waite for me was Shawn Pelata pointing out how he ends of all his vocals lines exactly the same. hahaha. Need to have Shawn make a demonstration video. haha.

You never did? Well I don't know if I'm just imagining it but John Waite is, to these ears, definitely a "lisper". It's there on the The Babys albums as well but I think it is due to the production that it comes off so clear on the Bad English albums.

It's like Aaron Randall on "Set the World on Fire" (Annihilator). I read an interview with Jeff Waters where he talked about how the mixing/production amplified Randall's lisp and how annoyed he was with that. And sorry for Randall's sake.

"Scho thisch isch Eden".

Got the first soloalbum now and been spinning it obsessively. Great stuff! Now I gotta get em all! :)

Have also revisited the BE albums in the last few days and come to the realisation that the lisp doesn't bother me as much these days. Glad I went back!