John Wesley - great hard rock from Porcupine Tree touring guitarist

Wesley has been around for a while. He also used to be Fish's touring guitarist (succeeding Steven Wilson) before playing with PT. He's opened for those guys, as well as Marillion.

Wesley has been around for a while. He also used to be Fish's touring guitarist (succeeding Steven Wilson) before playing with PT. He's opened for those guys, as well as Marillion.

He used to have a standing gig as Marillion's opening act. (He was Rothery's guitar tech in the early '90s, and his first solo album was released on their label.) He's released several solo albums, some of which are available for free download at his website.

I only have his new one, but it is great. probably a top 5 for the year so far.

saw him open for the Winery Dogs here in Atlanta. awesome performer, awesome show.

He used to have a standing gig as Marillion's opening act. (He was Rothery's guitar tech in the early '90s, and his first solo album was released on their label.) He's released several solo albums, some of which are available for free download at his website.

I can remember on their first tour back in the US, and I saw them setting up a single microphone on stage. I'm thinking, shit, I hate opening acts like this. John was awesome, and I bought his album that night, Under a Red And White Sky. It's also been cool to see him with PPT over the years as well. I haven't kept up with his solo stuff, but I'm going to go check out his later albums.

Downloaded a couple of the albums yesterday. Liked them enough that I downloaded the rest of them and gave a few bucks "tip" for each on NoiseTrade. They are free, but you're supposed to give a "Tip" if you like what you hear…80% of this goes directly to the artist.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Craig

Downloaded a couple of the albums yesterday. Liked them enough that I downloaded the rest of them and gave a few bucks "tip" for each on NoiseTrade. They are free, but you're supposed to give a "Tip" if you like what you hear…80% of this goes directly to the artist.

It's also probably worth mentioning that all his stuff is on Bandcamp, so if you want higher-quality files and you want him to benefit financially (he'll get 80% there too), you can buy it there.