Johnny Cash anyone...?

Shadowsaint

Apr 11, 2007
Yeah I know he's old school as shit, but I really admire his music. I actually just recently started to listen to his music. I started listening after seeing that movie based on his life, Walk The Line, which IMO was a kickass movie, even though it may have dramatized and presented an inacurate picture of his life (didn't research his real life story yet).

Thoughts anyone..? Any favorite songs?

I saw that flick awhile back and liked it as far as I remember. I'm sorry to say I haven't heard much of his stuff at all. yet.

Johnny Cash is a great songwriter. I really enjoy his work, all of it really. I would have to say that a few of my favorite songs are "Folsom Prison Blues," "Get Rhythm," and "Highwayman," among many more. His covers of "Rusty Cage," "Don't Think Twice it's All Right," and "Personal Jesus" were awesome!

I wasn't that big of a fan of Walk the Line either. Aside from the music, it was 'cliche rock-star' to me. I think they could have highlighted more profound moments of Johnny's life than his addictions and love-wrecked self. Although a nice overview, a little lacking.

Live at San Quentin is an essential watch for any Johnny fan, too.

You should really check out the two prison albums, Live At Folsom Prison and Live At San Quentin.

Actually, now I think of it - all five American albums (the ones produced by Rick Rubin) are worth your time. Just incredible stuff. I'd say more, but I don't want to ruin it.