Walk the Line

sixxswine said:
Has anyone checked out the Johnny Cash Movie Walk the Line?
I have been meaning to see it, I hope to see it this weekend....

I definitely want to see it, but the only movie I plan on seeing in the theater in the near future (a rarity for me these days) is the new Harry Potter. Not trying to change the subject, but those movies have been getting better each time. I can't wait to see this one.

Back on the subject, I definitely will get "Wal the Line" on CD. No renting for me. I want to own that one, bad or good.

Bryant

carnut said:
mmm, I don't get that Johnny Cash stuff, pretty boring to me... I think it's strange ALOT of regulars here like that stuff !!! Don't wanna argue with you guys and galls about music taste, but it just feels strange so much "metal" people like JC ....

we got it from our parents. I think Country music being a U.S. music movement you probably don't get many older folks across the pond who listened to it, therefore the kids weren't exposed to it.

To me growing up in a factory town and going to figure
8 races with a bucket of Famous Recipe chicken and listening to all those
greats on the radio along with 70's rock. Man I will always love old country
music and Johnny Cash with songs like Man In Black and Greystone Chapel
to me are just as intense as the metal and punk and Industrial music I listen
to. IMO.

The 'old Country Music' and Bluegrass was what I grew up on. My brother ask for a Johnny Cash album when he was only 4 years old. And I might add he wore the album out! It and a rocky horse :)

I respect Johnny Cash and artist like him, but I never listen to his music, because I want all the other music I missed out on. So yes, I'd like to see the movie too. I'll probably wait for it on DVD.

kittybeast said:
we got it from our parents. I think Country music being a U.S. music movement you probably don't get many older folks across the pond who listened to it, therefore the kids weren't exposed to it.

Yep, must be that I guess; JC (and country music) just isn't part of our "culture" ...

carnut said:
Yep, must be that I guess; JC (and country music) just isn't part of our "culture" ...

Actually, when I was 12 I first heard Johnny Cash's album "Live at San Quentin" because the head teacher at my elementary school had the tradition to let us hear some of the highlights of his music collection on his birthday. These included besides Johnny Cash,The Rolling Stones, The Who, Santana and Jimi Hendrix.

I remember liking some of JC's music and do so to this day. Part of his appeal for me is his sincerity.

Funny that I still know what albums that head teacher played on his birthday April 29th 1970.

carnut said:

It's powerful music, man! Both my bosses are from back East and credit John Denver and his song "Rocky Mountain High" in particular as the reason they moved to Colorado. My wife too. Yes, I'm serious.

Hawk said:
I edited my message to make it a bit clearer, I hope...:tickled:

Ok, I befriended Google and I still can't come up with the reference. I know I'm going to feel like an idiot when I find out but I still can't find a reference. :loco:

carnut said:
mmm, I don't get that Johnny Cash stuff, pretty boring to me... I think it's strange ALOT of regulars here like that stuff !!! Don't wanna argue with you guys and galls about music taste, but it just feels strange so much "metal" people like JC ....
Hate to disappoint ya further carnut, but I'm a Johnny Cash fan as well! Like other Americans on here, that was the music I grew up on...the music my parents played. My mom has video of me singing Ring of Fire when I was only about six years old. Everytime we went camping, that old country music was the soundtrack of the forest. Cash, Williams, Wagner, Robbins, McCall, Sovine, etc.

Wheezer said:
Ok, I befriended Google and I still can't come up with the reference. I know I'm going to feel like an idiot when I find out but I still can't find a reference. :loco:

Ok perhaps I misunderstood you. What is it exactly that you don't understand in my message?

I don't understand what you don't understand :p
In short general confusion around...

Hawk said:
Ok perhaps I misunderstood you. What is it exactly that you don't understand in my message?

I don't understand what you don't understand :p
In short general confusion around...

I'm not going to try and explain what I read because that would just confuse it more. Let's just say I prolly need to get my eyes checked. Or my brain checked. :erk: :loco: o_O

Bottom line is I get it now. :D