Johnny Lokke - Promises and Lies (Help)

Drakugg

New Metal Member
Jul 30, 2012
The guitars are real phasy but Im assuming thats the effect your going for. The lead in the second one sounds much better. The bass guitar needs to come forward a bit.

Try boosting the bass a bit somewhere between 1kh-2khz maybe.

Snare could use some cuts at around 100-200 hz

And Maybe a cut on the kick at around 200-300hz

If it were my track I would add mids to the guitars but I think the sound you have right now might be what you are going for. Just some thoughts but im no expert.

The guitars are real phasy but Im assuming thats the effect your going for. The lead in the second one sounds much better. The bass guitar needs to come forward a bit.

Try boosting the bass a bit somewhere between 1kh-2khz maybe.

Snare could use some cuts at around 100-200 hz

And Maybe a cut on the kick at around 200-300hz

If it were my track I would add mids to the guitars but I think the sound you have right now might be what you are going for. Just some thoughts but im no expert.

bass, I put more db and equalization in 2khz

snare, I used a high pass at 100hz

kick, I cut at 200hz

guitars, I removed a cut in 800Hz

Thanks for the tips, I think it improved the sound

as the music is now:

http://snd.sc/P8WGvk

Yea I think that sounds better. The kick is still overpowering. You might want to put a fairly wide eq curve at 100 hz and drop it about 3 db. And also I cant tell if the bass sounds better or not. Maybe a narrow cut at 120hz, try 5 db and see if it gives you more room in the mix. Its hard to tell without trial and error. Its a good mix though. Just needs polishing

Yea I think that sounds better. The kick is still overpowering. You might want to put a fairly wide eq curve at 100 hz and drop it about 3 db. And also I cant tell if the bass sounds better or not. Maybe a narrow cut at 120hz, try 5 db and see if it gives you more room in the mix. Its hard to tell without trial and error. Its a good mix though. Just needs polishing

I cut low in the bass, kick and snare

now I'll work on some details and finish this mix

because it will not better than this with equalization

as the mix is now:

http://snd.sc/NqRAN3

I'm Johnny Lokke, and I approved this message! :headbang:

Thank you Johnny for your support and initiative of their music available for those who want to improve on the art of music production ... I'm new in this business, but I learned a lot working on his music ... and sorry for my english, it sucks, but I hope that everyone is understanding me ... and once again thank you and your music rocks ... and to finalize the truth, I wonder if I can use my mix in a tutorial video on you tube, but only a few snippets of music??