Jon Oliva, Chris Caffery, and Ripper Owens

Wayniac

Feb 12, 2002
Connecticut
Visit site
For those of you who are not attending PP, or who want to get to a show before PP, the triple bill of Jon Oliva's Pain, Chris Caffery's Faces, and Ripper Owens Beyond Fear are doing a few shows between Sept 9 and Sept 17.
Looks like Cleveland, Chicago (Lotesto!!!), Toronto, Montreal, Jaxx (Springfield Va) and Brooklyn NY. You can get the show dates at www.chriscaffery.com or Jon's site.
I'll be missing the crew party and pre-party this year, and will be flying in the morning of the 16th. o_O
If you make it to any of the shows, look me up - I'll probably be teching stage right. Otherwise - see you on Fri the 16th ! :headbang:

My buddy Paul is playing guitar/keys with Chris but I won't be able to make the Brooklyn show because I'll be in Atlanta. Not that I mind being in Atlanta, mind you. ;)

So you won't be arriving until the 16th? Bummer! I was looking forward to some hang time witcha.

~Christina

Yep - I was teching for Paul for the first few US shows (as well as Nick the bassist, and Ira/Brandon on rhythm guitar). Cool guys to deal with. I think this will be a blast, as me and Caffery have a B'day 1 day apart early in the tour, and y'all KNOW Jon is always ready for a party :puke:
Dust - look me up on Fri am.. I'll be the guy pouring coffe in his eyes trying to stay awake, :zombie: .. my flight out of VA is 6:30 am, after breakdown/loadout at Jaxx that'll probaly go until 1:30 or so.

I would LOVE to be able to go to this show, but unfortunately the date at Jaxx will be the 15th of September, so of course it is impossible. My friends and I worship anything Savatage related and try to see them in any and every form possible, so I suppose we really aren't missing out on anything this time around (having seen Savatage twice, Pain twice, Doctor Butcher, Circle II Circle, Seven Witches (somewhat related) and of course TSO). Oh well; For anyone who does get to go (especially the World Series date I read about a few weeks ago) I hope you all enjoy a very Savatage tinged evening! oh yeah, and that ripper dude too :).

Metal Insurgence Tour gives back to the Military:

The first leg of the MIT featuring Jon Oliva's Pain (led by Savatage mastermind, Jon Oliva),
Beyond Fear (led by Tim "Ripper" Owens-former Judas Priest and current Iced Earth vocalist), and Chris Caffery's Faces (Savatage and Trans Siberian Orchestra guitarist), kicks of in Cleveland on Sept 9 on day 1 of the World Series of Metal.

In an effort to give thanks to the men and woman of the US Military, the first (10) fans to present valid military ID's will gain free entrance to all shows in the US.
Oliva adds, "This small gesture is one way that the bands can express their respect for the tireless sacrifice that these soldiers endure for their family's and the country. Our military are die-hard metal fans, and they deserve whatever we can do for them"!

The itineray so far is as follow:

9/9: House of Blues:Cleveland- World Series of Metal with special guests Therion
9/10: Mr. Kelly's Music Club: Chicago, Illinois (without Jon Oliva's Pain)
9/11: The Opera House: Toronto, Canada
9/13: Electrocuse: Montreal, Canada
9/15: JAXX, Springfield, VA
9/16: The Brooklyn Music Terminal (formerly La'mours): NYC
9/17: Philadelphia: (Venue TBA
9/23- Tampa, FL (Venue TBA)
9/24- Atlanta, GA: (Venue TBA)

BAH - why can't the Chicago show be the 9th or the 11th. No way I could do a concert the night before my half marathon :(

Bummer. I'd so like to see these guys. I saw Ripper in the latest Iced Earth tour and he was great!

Wayniac said:
Yep - I was teching for Paul for the first few US shows (as well as Nick the bassist, and Ira/Brandon on rhythm guitar). Cool guys to deal with. I think this will be a blast, as me and Caffery have a B'day 1 day apart early in the tour, and y'all KNOW Jon is always ready for a party :puke:
Dust - look me up on Fri am.. I'll be the guy pouring coffe in his eyes trying to stay awake, :zombie: .. my flight out of VA is 6:30 am, after breakdown/loadout at Jaxx that'll probaly go until 1:30 or so.

Listen, if Paul gets outta line, you have permission to smack him in the head. And you can tell him I said that since he would expect no less. :loco:

A 6:30am flight, huh? We'll most likely just be getting back from Cheetah's at 6:30am on Friday. :D I gotta hand it to you, my friend, because you're a really trooper. Not a lot of people would knock themselves out the way you do.

Hugs,
~Christina

9/17: Philadelphia: (Venue TBA

WTF IS THAT ABOUT?!?!?!?

Yes, I am screaming on purpose. Sav is my favorite band. WMD last year was my favorite PP performance.

Come on guys. Oliva knows all about Progpower now, after attending for two years in a row. You'd think they wouldn't tour over the same damn weekend. I'll be in Atlanta when they're in Virginia and Philly. I'll be back in Philly when they're in Atlanta,

That just sucks!!!!

Glenn. You've got pull with Oliva. Do something about that!!! :tickled:

Steve in Philly

Featuring: Jon Oliva's Pain (led by Savatage mastermind- Jon Oliva), Beyond Fear featuring Tim "Ripper" Owens ( formely Judas Priest and current Iced Earth vocalist) and Chris Caffery's Faces (Savatage and Trans-Siberian Orchestra Guitarist).

Next Confirmed Show:

Friday- September 23rd: Jannus Landing- St. Petersburg FL (Tickets on-sale August 24 through Ticketmaster and Jannus Landing).
www.jannuslanding.net

Joining the bill for this show is Rock Ridge Recording Artists, 10 Second Drop!
This is a great Tampa band who recently signed to the new label of 3-Doors Down guitarist, Chris Henderson.

We would like thank Artie, Justin and the rest of 10SD for climbing on-board!

Check them out at www.10secondrop.com for soundbites and info!

Tour schedule to date:
9/9: House of Blues:Cleveland- World Series of Metal with special
guests Therion and Beyond the Embrace.
9/11: The Opera House: Toronto, Canada
9/13: Electrocuse: Montreal, Canada
9/15: JAXX: Springfield, VA
9/16: The Brooklyn Music Terminal (formerly La'mours): NY City
9/17: Philadelphia: (Venue TBA)
9/23: Jannus Landing: St. Petersburg FL ( with 10 Second Drop)
9/24: Atlanta, Ga: (Venue TBA)

TheWhisper said:
Damn, Tampa on the 23rd, that's the same night as Porcupine Tree at the Masquerade.

That sucks! :(

As much as I like Savatage, I think I will be at the Porcupine Tree show...

or maybe I could catch that Jon Oliva show and catch Porcupine tree in Atlanta on the 24th :)

Angrafan said:
That sucks! :(

As much as I like Savatage, I think I will be at the Porcupine Tree show...

or maybe I could catch that Jon Oliva show and catch Porcupine tree in Atlanta on the 24th :)
Considering I've been able to see Oliva three times, inc. PPV, in the last year, I'll be at the PT show. :)