Jon Oliva Solo Project update

SavaHexe

Savaholic
Nov 15, 2003
Germany
please check out the board at www.jonoliva.net , Jon's official website. If you have not heard the JOP soundclips yet, it's about time you check those out, too! :headbang:

oh and hey.......join us there as board member while you are at it ;) don't be shy, we do not bite hard - unless you ask us to :loco:

Hey,

So we can have the next best thing- Jon Oliva and the former band from Circle II Cirlce.

Circle II Circle was awesome last year and I heard that Jon has really got his voice back in great form.

Wow, this would be a great addition to this years festival.

How about it Glenn??

I think this press release is pretty cool...especially interesting is the last part, specifically singling out Glenn and PPUSA...hmmm...

The following is the latest press release from JON OLIVA (www.jonoliva.net) (SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA):

It is with great pleasure that we are finally able to share the next phase of The Jon Oliva Project with all of you. We know you have been chewing your fingernails to a nub and we think that you have all been through quite enough anxiety!

The JOP, consisting of Savatage mastermind Jon Oliva and the former members of CIRCLE II CIRCLE, will begin pre-production next week for the first solo release by Jon Oliva. The record label that will release this highly anticipated record has not been confirmed at this point... but who cares right now anyway... that will all be worked out in the short term. What matter's is getting this music out to all of you... ASAP!!

The mission is for a late spring 2004 release... yes we said 2004, just in time for the Euro-festival run and anywhere else we can perform in Europe while we are there. Talk of a U.S. tour has always been in the works and it is our goal to make that happen.....

Some of the material you may have heard on the sound-clips section of our web-site will be on this release. Everyone should anticipate a return to the darker-heavier sound that has been the trademark of the Mountain Kings musical library!......... YES!

Tell everyone you know what is happening... .stay tuned... and prepare yourself for the resurrection!!!

For the fans in the US, help get the buzz going with the promoters and festival organizers here in the states such as the Prog-Power Festival in Atlanta. Glenn Harvester is a big fan of Jon, so let's put some pressure on him to get Jon and the rest of us back again this year!

Emerald Sword said:
Agreed SavaHexe. He's always so negative. No one matters except who HE likes. All of us are allowed to express our opinions on who we'd like to see at PPV.
\

That's great, but I could express mine as well, and I'm sure many would agree with me as well. I love Jon Oliva just as much as anyone else, but to me, been there done that. That's all I was trying to say; obviously there will be people out there that would love to see Jon play with those guys, but to me it would just be boring and most likely put me to sleep. We pretty much saw a Sava side project last year. Let's move on to bigger and better things.

you can move to whatever you think is better, nightwish58, I for one will not stop you.
Why do you even bother to post in this thread, if you have no interest in the subject. Do you really think someone will change his/her mind due to your pathetic attempts to devaluate a class band?? geeez, get a life.......

SavaHexe said:
you can move to whatever you think is better, nightwish58, I for one will not stop you.
Why do you even bother to post in this thread, if you have no interest in the subject. Do you really think someone will change his/her mind due to your pathetic attempts to devaluate a class band?? geeez, get a life.......
This is the problem with many people; they seem to miss the point of every response. Number one, I posted in this thread to simply voice my opinion. I am not attempting to change anyone's mind, nor do I care to. And what class band are you referring to? I didn't know a band was formed at this point; I thought it was a side project. And me expressing my opinion on something apparently opens the door for you to tell me to "get a life". That makes a hell of alot of sense. Why not just communicate about a certain topic instead of simply trying to attack someone?

I remember when I first heard of the Jon Oliva project...

The album was going to be a TRUE solo album, meaning Oliva would be playing every insturment and doing everything...

Judging from the information of that press release...it makes it sound like the C2C members are going to play on the album...

:erk: So unless I'm wrong about this, no more true solo album, which Oliva was describing it as. Oh well...

Still looking forward to it, even though I think Oliva's voice *By the soundclips on site* isn't great anymore...hopefully the studio he can perform it (and polish it) *Like in Poets and Madmen*

why would someone even care to discuss with you since you were nothing but negative from the beginning nightwish58. I do not have that much time to waste actually.

No fear G. that was the last answer I will spend on this guy/girl....

Nightmare1z, just stay tuned to the website and you'll see. And hey.......Jon plays a lot of instruments, but he never claimed to be able to play lead guitar ;), so at least for that he would need someone anyway. Plus if he wants to tour for that as "real" solo project it gets a bit difficult too ;-))) don't you think??

The Jon Oliva Project will be holding a live chat from Audio Lab Studio's in Tampa FL on Monday February 2nd. from 6:30 - 7:30 pm. This forum will be for discussing the upcoming JOP album and the tour(s) to follow.

Log on to www.jonoliva.net and join in!..

See you there!

Jon Oliva, founding member of Savatage and The JOP , announces the release of his highly anticipated solo album in May- 2004!

In in a live online chat on Monday, the Mountain King answered questions from fans about Savatage, TSO and everything JOP. Check out the transcript from the chat on the forum @ www.jonoliva.net

Fans can expect his solo release in May with an extensive tour throughout Europe and the US. The shows will include material from his solo CD as well as a bountiful assortment of Savatage classics, many of which have not been performed on stage in a long time.

Jon will be joined in the studio and on tour with the former members of Circle II Circle ( Matt Laporte, John Zahner, Kevin Rothney and Christopher Kinder).

Look for The JOP to perform at a number of Festivals and headline concerts, both in the US and Europe, throughout the summer and into the fall of 2004!

www.jonoliva.net :headbang:

There is a running post about everything happening in the studio with regards to the scheduled spring 2004 release from the first solo record by Jon Oliva and The JOP!

The picture page has current studio photo's as well and is being updated often.

www.jonoliva.net

I agree that Jon's voice is back from the rough cuts on his site. The clips immediately reminded me of the Gutter Ballet days in terms of vocals, even though the songwriting is certainly a different animal. I wouldn't complain about seeing him with his solo act at PPV.

Just so everyone get's a clear understanding of what Jon is trying to accomplish, the clips were just the demo's. We are realising 4 of those songs, completely re-recorded and beefed up. The rest of the material will surely take everyone back to the agressive old school Sava-era and the classic JO sound with a powerful twist!

:headbang:

I cross my fingers for it to be good… I love Savatage and Jon… but the later works where not that good. I hope that the REAL Hall of The Mountain King sound and feeling will be there… Doctor Butcher promised but did not deliver.