Jon Schaffer is back baaabbby YEEEAAAH!

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
ICED EARTH – “BW&BK Is Banned!” [Hot Flashes - 04.05.05 18:20:01]

Due to ICED EARTH’s Jon Schaffer having taken great offense to David Perri’s politics-steeped cover story on the band in issue #77, Schaffer has

banned the magazine’s staff members from attending Iced Earth shows, will not do interviews with the magazine ever again, and will not allow BW&BK merchandise booths at any of their shows, adding that “We’re through with you. You need us to sell magazines. We don’t need you to sell records. You’re just a fanzine. If that guy shows up at the show in Montreal, he’d better stay clear.”

Aside from staff favourites IRON MAIDEN, BW&BK has (arguably) covered Iced Earth more than any other band in the magazine’s ten year history, including putting the band on the cover twice since Ripper Owens joined for The Glorious Burden. BW&BK expresses disappointment that the band’s fans will not be reading interview-based features with Iced Earth in future issues, and has released this statement so that they understand why. The magazine wishes Schaffer and Co. good luck in its future endeavors.

:lol: :lol:
Tool

Well, ive read that the article was pretty biased and the reporter was asking questions that would deliberately piss Jon off (and its not like the reporters didnt know what Jons opinions were).

Im sure someone will scan the article in the next few days anyway.

I though that interview was pretty good, in fact. Sure, it's probably not the type of thing I would expect from a Metal magazine, but if Jon wants to push his gung-ho American patriot opinions every chance he gets, then occasionally he's got to be made to defend his position.

Well I dont know if Jon has exactly been pushing his political opinions or patriotism on anyone, he just keeps getting asked about it :)

The fact that in the first paragraph the guy is making out that TGB is a political album (which it definitely isnt) shows his true colours...