JORN: Life On Death Road

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
JORN TO RELEASE LIFE ON DEATH ROAD ALBUM IN JUNE; DETAILS REVEALED

"...Jorn’s brand new studio album, Life On Death Road, will be released on June 2nd...."

Jorn Lande - Vocals
Alex Beyrodt - Guitars
Mat Sinner - Bass
Alessandro Del Vecchio - Keyboards
Francesco Iovino - Drums

jornalbumapril.jpg

Reactions: AndyBelyash
looking forward to it. Although, Jorn hasn't had a real killer studio album of all new material since Jorn Viggio was in the band.

Although, Jorn hasn't had a real killer studio album of all new material since Jorn Viggio was in the band.

I'm hoping Alex Beyrodt and Matt Sinner can help break that streak. Jorn is best when we works with some outside songwriting help, and these guys can certainly bring it.

I'm hoping Alex Beyrodt and Matt Sinner can help break that streak. Jorn is best when we works with some outside songwriting help, and these guys can certainly bring it.
I agree with that. Matt's latest album SMOKES!

Song is pretty good - as in - sounds like Jorn. Hopefully the album will be good. I like Jorn - really do - to me, nothing comes close to his album The Duke(just speaking in terms of his solo stuff). I am buy all of Jorn's cd's and typically there are 2 songs that blow me away and then the rest are just okay. Hopefully this one will have more killer songs. Based on this song - this is average. Great production which I like.

Brand

Have listened to this one several times now and I have to say that this is the best solo material he has done since The Duke. VERY Pleased with this outing. Same formula - yup but this time around the melodies are just better. Jorn sounds good as always and seems to sing a little more than snarl on this one. Changing the band there are some things that sound different but overall it is the same formula just better songs. I think this sounds A LOT like a voodoo circle album with Jorn on vocals which is a VERY GOOD thing. Production is solid as is all of Jorn's releases. Playing is great - as mentioned earlier - the guitar solos on this thing are all over the place and are very good. Songs have variety and melodies are much stronger and catchier this time around. Very good album and a very good release from Jorn.

Brand

Have listened to this one several times now and I have to say that this is the best solo material he has done since The Duke. VERY Pleased with this outing. Same formula - yup but this time around the melodies are just better. Jorn sounds good as always and seems to sing a little more than snarl on this one. Changing the band there are some things that sound different but overall it is the same formula just better songs. I think this sounds A LOT like a voodoo circle album with Jorn on vocals which is a VERY GOOD thing. Production is solid as is all of Jorn's releases. Playing is great - as mentioned earlier - the guitar solos on this thing are all over the place and are very good. Songs have variety and melodies are much stronger and catchier this time around. Very good album and a very good release from Jorn.

Brand
I have to concur. I went into it with lower expectations after the last two albums of new material had rather lackluster songs. But, for the most part, this album kicks ass like no album he has done since The Duke I have been pining for Jørn Viggo Lofstad to return because the albums haven't been the same since he left. But with this new release, Alex Beyrodt really Kicked the guitar work into a turbo gear.