Journey- Live in Manilla

Speaking of Journey and Manila: Arnel's home was damaged by Typhoon Ondoy a few weeks back. He does an interview with ABS-CBN's Star Patrol when he announces a benefit concert with Katy Perry. Take a look at his shoe collection, lol. NOTE: it is in Tagalog, but the general idea was showing the damage to his music room and his home, and announcing the benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 1/2 hours, 2 dvds, friggin' amazing set list, looks great, sounds awesome....all for 10 bucks at Walmart.

Disc One

1. Never Walk Away
2. Only The Young
3. Ask The Lonely
4. Stone In Love
5. Keep On Running
6. After All These Years
7. Change For The Better
8. Wheel In The Sky
9. Lights/ Still They Ride
10. Open Arms
11. Mother Father
12. Wildest Dreams
13. When You Love A Woman
14. Separate Ways
15. What I Needed

Disc Two

16. Edge Of The Blade
17. Where Did I Lose Your Love
18. Escape
19. Faithfully
20. Don’t Stop Believin’
21. Anyway You Want It
22. Lovin’ Touchin’ Squeezin’
23. Turn Down The World Tonight
24. Be Good To Yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNKDC74Snig

I have friends who still work there that will let me use their discount, but even without it's a great deal. Thanks for posting!

Not a fan of giving money to bloated greedy corporations (Walmart being the shogun master). Will find another way to pick this up!

Question: do our independent Cd distributor friends pay as well as Wal-mart in terms of pay and benefits?

I doubt you'll find any place to make yourself feel better about a CD or DVD purchase.

Not to derail this thread (too late I guess), but that's an unfair comparison for MAAAANY reasons.

Not really. Wal-mart has very small margins and they employ nearly 2 million people. It's no different from an independent retailer except that the model is scaled up. If Zane or Lance had the capital to open up 10,000 brick and mortar outlets, it wouldn't mean they could pay more because their margins wouldn't change.

Retail is retail is retail. The margins are tiny.

it would be worth it for these 2 deep tracks:
11. Mother Father
16. Edge Of The Blade

I love Mother Father, but never been a huge fan of Edge of the Blade for some reason. If I'm not mistaken, Jorn covered Edge of the Blade on his first solo release. I might have to go back and check that out as well.

~Brian~

Has anyone seen this incarnation of Journey live? I'm still kicking myself for missing them with Jeff Scott Soto :(.

Has anyone seen this incarnation of Journey live? I'm still kicking myself for missing them with Jeff Scott Soto :(.

I missed them with JSS, too, but I have seen this line-up twice and they are fantastic! Arnel brings great energy to the band, and it certainly is rubbing off on the others -- I don't think I've ever seen Neal Schon smile so much on stage before. :)

Steph

I was fortunate to see Journey with JSS, and they/he sounded fantastic. It was cool to hear their songs done with a singer who didn't sound like a Steve Perry clone ( I'm a big, BIG fan of Soto). The interesting thing was that Soto didn't sing lead on the big ballads....it was Deen Castronovo, and holy crap, did he sound EXACTLY like Perry. It was quite a surprise.