Judas Priest.com Tribute Band: (Faithful Defenders)

The Winnipeg Warrior

The Winnipeg Warrior ®
Check this out. Some of the members of Judas Priest.com got together in Buffalo a few weeks ago to record some Priest tunes. The lead singer flew in from Las Vegas for a few days, and one of the guitarists came in from the Pittsburgh area. The tracks were uploaded yesterday (15APR06) on Acid Planet.

1.) The Hellion/Electric Eye
2.) Heading Out To The Highway
3.) Beyond The Realms Of Death
4.) Tyrant
5.) Worth Fighting For
6.) Ripper
7.) Rapid Fire
8.) il prete e sorto (The Priest has Risen).....original track.

.....still to come: Hell Bent For Leather and Green Manalishi.

All in all, it turned out pretty well. They call themselves the 'Faithful Defenders'. Give it a listen. :headbang:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=486328&T=4759

faithfuldefenders7si.jpg

Musically excellent, but you sound a bit like JP fronted by Biff Bifford (Saxon) to my ears - which will probably go down a storm with the trad-metal crowd! Denim und Leather!

Group Members (from left to right)

Mick Fallacaro/Bass guitars..........Eric Popowich/Rhythm Guitars..........Jim Gleason/Drums and Gongs..........Mike Berentsen/Lead Vocals..........Phil Ewing/Lead and Rhythm Guitars, backing vocals.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=486328&T=4759

v4caig9uv.jpg

Description
We are people who have come together from Judas Priest official website to record several Judas Priest songs in tribute to the metal gods.......... The Songs...............(Personal notes from Phil Ewing).......... 1. il prete è sorto ( The Priest has risen ).... This was an intro that I devised for the original that we didnt have the time to get to. I thought it would be a fitting intro to Hell Bent for Leather. Hope you like it!! 2. Hell Bent for Leather..... 3. The Ripper....... 4. Rapid Fire..... 5. Worth Fighting For...... 6. Hellion/Electric Eye........ 7. Tyrant....... 8. Beyond the Realms of Death....... 9. Green Manalishi....... 10.Heading out to the Highway..........

History
No history at all!!!! We all came together through www.judaspriest.com No rehersal on anything!!!! But we pulled it off!!

Style
Real Heavy Metal

Influences
Judas Priest

Equipment / Software
Recorded old school with a Fostex 8track reel to reel machine!!! Drums were digital, bass was direct through the board. Some guitar was recorded direct ( All of Beyond the Realms ) All recorded in a damp basement!!!!!!! It was a tough record. Everything was done piecemeal!! It started like this: 1st I recorded the actual JP song on track 1. Then Jim came in and laid down the drums. Me, not thinking, didnt record a click track at the begining so Jim would know where to begin. So it took a while to get it correct and there are still a few spots that are a bit off!!! Then Mick, an awesome bassist and very complementary to Jims Excellent drumming, laid down the bass. Then the guitars were laid down, then vocals. Nothing was recorded live. Everything, literally, was recorded seperately. There are 2 spots where the drums drop out for a second or 2. This was due to punching in off of the board instead of directly on the machine..........