Judas Priest "Demolition"

well i heard a few tracks of the new priest tonite...one was ok..the rest were pretty sorry...i'm not too disapointed cuz i didnt' expect much...the vox are cool...the solos aren't that great. the drumming is solid. the packaging is terrible. the production is shitty. its just not that good. someone needs to demote tipton to just guitarist again...he's not a good producer and he sucks at writing lyrics. i'll still see em live just cuz its priest. i mean painkiller is one of my favorite records ever.

I like it! :)

It's one of those albums that gets better the more times you listen to it. I must admit there are a couple of 'filler' tracks, but there are enough good catchy songs to make up for that.

Hey caroline, have you found the cheap CD shop in Henley yet? If not, then it's the Tudor style antique shop along a bit from the TVR garage.

I think they've got a contact at Sanctuary / SPV records, because I get all the Metal Is, etc, releases from there for £6.00. I even got the Halford live CD before it came out for £5.00.

Lee

I heard one track off of it on the radio and I fell asleep before the first chorus...

And that's true. I was pissed off, because that was second or third song played on that show, and I missed the rest.

Originally posted by Lee_B
Hey caroline, have you found the cheap CD shop in Henley yet? If not, then it's the Tudor style antique shop along a bit from the TVR garage.

I think they've got a contact at Sanctuary / SPV records, because I get all the Metal Is, etc, releases from there for £6.00. I even got the Halford live CD before it came out for £5.00.

Lee

I've been in a few times, it's good if they've got what you're looking for, I got a load of sabbath stuff from there.

I haven't picked it up yet, but I probably will. I've heard contradictory reports on it though I generally trust The Wanderer's opinion. Looking forward to seeing them live though!

I've listened to it a few more times and I still think it sucks. I look at what they once were (painkiller is one of the greatest albums, next to anthems to the welkin at dusk) and jugulator wasn't that bad, but the new, man. the production is bad. the riffs are lame. not catchy. the artwork and layout is pathetic. a grade school student could of done a better cover. the lyrics are sooooooo bad....they need to take the band back from glenn tipton. his lyrics totally suck. his production abilities are aweful. i think the vocals are the best part of the album. the drumming and everything is good and all that. but the songs are lacking, completely. priest now sucks. which is too bad. i'm a fan but i can't stand by this....they are coming thru town. i want to go. but 37 bucks....nah. i'll pass...when's the new halford come out?

yeah i got Demolition. .,.,its not bad.,.,Metal Messiah was bad.,.,.cuz he was sorta trying to rap.,.,.i liked Priest better when Halford was singing.,.,.but i really liked Jugulator.,.,.

I got it, I'm a big Priest fan now, but I was never into them back in the day. I got screaming for vengence on cassette when I was 10 and I just couldn't get into it. I was talked into buying it by a friend. What I wanted to get was Defenders of the Faith on vinal. I should have listened to my insticts I might have been a priest fan all along. I have most of their albums now, everything from stained class on and a greatest hits from the old days, and I listen to them all the time.

As for Demo, its disappointing, I hate the guitar tones, too processed and fuzzed. Not enough solos, and the lead tones suck too! The whole album is too Nu-Metal sounding. I do kind of like the song "One On One" Glen can't wrie lyrics half as good as Rob. Halford's Resurection is much better although it's no Painkiller either

While I don't think it's in the same laegue as "Painkiller" or any pre-"Painkiller" JP, I think "Demolition" is good. "One On One" is kinda silly, but overall I enjoyed it.

I just love this turn they have made. While not as good as Painkiller, it rocks. The riffing is classic priest riffing, the production is modern, and there has been some new elements added to the sound of the band. these guys are much heavier now!!!

For me it is worth it all the way.