Votes: 3 20.0%
  • What? Who are Judas Priest?

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
Am I the only one that thinks these two albums are fucking excellent? Honestly, I love them - Burn In Hell is Priests best song EVER IMO, yes it's better than The Ripper, Sad Wings of Destiny or even Living After Midnight. Burn In Hell is a classic, with some really incredible vocals by Tim Owens.
Demolitions is also a great record, with Machine Man being a real modern day heavy metal anthem, and Feed On Me is a fucking awesome song. :kickass:
I just dont think Tim Owens got the credit he deserved - the lyrics on these records are shit, but the music is right up there with ANYTHING Priest did in the 80's - and it's a fucking sight better than Turbo, Ram It Down or any of those mediocre albums.

Yes? or No? Well, let's just vote on Burn In Hell, for people who've heard it.

I don't think they are amazing but I don't think they are piss either. I like both of the albums and "Burn In Hell" is indeed a great song but they arent at the top of my Priest albums. I do think that Tim was great with priest and did not get the credit he deserved. I just picked up the new Iced Earth EP and Ripper owns on the vocals.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Am I the only one that thinks these two albums are fucking excellent? Honestly, I love them - Burn In Hell is Priests best song EVER IMO, yes it's better than The Ripper, Sad Wings of Destiny or even Living After Midnight. Burn In Hell is a classic, with some really incredible vocals by Tim Owens.
Demolitions is also a great record, with Machine Man being a real modern day heavy metal anthem, and Feed On Me is a fucking awesome song. :kickass:
I just dont think Tim Owens got the credit he deserved - the lyrics on these records are shit, but the music is right up there with ANYTHING Priest did in the 80's - and it's a fucking sight better than Turbo, Ram It Down or any of those mediocre albums.

Hell Yeah!
These are two bad ass albums! I love them both, can't really decide which one I like better. Did you pick up the live in london DVD? It rocks....I'm a huge Halford fan but, part of me will miss ripper with priest. I thought Ripper kept priest alive better than anyone else could have.

Yeah, I've got the Live In London DVD and it does rock - I think Ripper knew he was out of the band at the time though, if you watch him he looks really bored a lot of the time and it kind of takes some of the energy away.

I agree, I'm a Halford fan, but I really thought Tim had taken them into the new century really well, and I'm pissed off that they ditched him to make a fast buck with Rob. :(

TakinTheMusicBack said:

what a dorkass post!

I saw the subject, and voted my coscience about the last two Priest albums, *THEN* I saw the fine print refining the poll to the song, "Burn in Hell," which kicks ass and is about the only song I *really* like on the two discs.. So, ignore one of the votes of "no, it's piss."

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I find it incredible that a FORTY YEAR OLD man posts things like that. Incredible.

you find me an incredible man, i get the picture-go suck garys dads dick and take a cold shower and maybe i wont make ya cum in yer pants again

I like Jugulator quite a bit actually. Demolition I'm much more lukewarm on.

Jugulator has some excellent tracks. If they would have shortened it by a couple tracks it would have been near excellent. I'll disagree with your pick of favorite song off the album. My favorites are "Bullet Train", the title track, and "Cathedral Spires". The latter is among Priest's very best output EVER. It truly is a magnificient song. I read Glenn saying once they would maybe do it on the Demolition tour, but to no avail as I saw them on both legs of the U.S. tour.

Demolition I don't care for much. There are a handful of good songs. I do like "Machine Men", and "Feed on Me" is very good, mostly due to a strong chorus. The best song on the record is "Close to You", strangely enough one of the ballads. That song has a "Blood Red Skies" vibe, and just very powerful melodies.

I don't listen to Demolition much at all, but Jugulator still gets regular listens.

I just checked out the Priest official site and, although I was dead against the reunion, seeing the pic of Rob back with the band on the front page made me think, "Fuck, this might be good after all!" Jugulator and Demolition suffered from childish lyrics, maybe Rob will change that.

TakinTheMusicBack, just ignore mrbeast. He is your typical TROLL! He has nothing intelligent to say and all his posts are aimed at at getting a negative response. Most TROll's (Mrbeast) are so inadequate and empty in life, that they thrive on trying to make everyone else around them as miserable as they are. There worthless existance is to much for them to bear, so instead of doing the world, and themselves a favor (by putting the barrel of a shotgun in thier mouths), they enact there weak revenge online, at a world that doesnt even acknowledge thier existance.

So, it's best to just ignore this worthless waste of skin.

I liked Jugulator okay but my ex-roommate totally ruined "Cathedral Spires" by constantly singing it at the top of his lungs and way out of key. Over and over he played it. GRRRAAAHHHHGGGRRRG!!

Burn In Hell is good, m'kay?

I'm not a big fan of the Owens era Priest Albums. However, they have a few great songs, "Cathedral Spires", "Burn In Hell", "Close To You" and "Bloodsuckers". However, those albums contain some real stinkers, like "One On One" and "Hell Is Home", not to mention the :puke: song called "Metal Messiah". And Tim Owen's performance on the Live in London DVD is mediocre, although "'98 Live Meltdown" is great. However, he sounds great on the newest Iced Earth single.

I love Live Meltdown as well, it's an amazing live album - better than Unleashed In The East by far. Like Dark Disciple I didn't think Owens performance on the LiL DVD was great - his singing was it's usual effortless brilliance, but he just looked fucking bored or pissed off or something.