Judas Priest to make "concept" album..

AOR was good, I liked Lochness too.
I don't like the idea of a concept album, ecspesialy a concept album about Nostradamus! But I'm happy to see that they're doing something whole new! Well, I wish them luck! :kickass:

CRUSADER747 said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds like a bad idea to me, but we will have to wait and see...:rolleyes:
Personally i wish they would do another Painkiller type album, but perhaps there getting on a bit these days for that??? :lol:

They have always been doing something new, so you can't really expect more than two similiar albums from these guys. I didn't like Painkiller all that much, but AOR kicked ass. :headbang: I had hoped they would have chosen more progressive style after AOR, but concept album was not in my mind :erk:

Redman said:
They have always been doing something new, so you can't really expect more than two similiar albums from these guys. I didn't like Painkiller all that much, but AOR kicked ass. :headbang: I had hoped they would have chosen more progressive style after AOR, but concept album was not in my mind :erk:

Each to there own, but i think Painkiller kicked more ass that ANY other priest album!! Its really heavy and there are quite a few faster songs on it. Im quite supprised that AOR has been as popular on here as it has been, i mean its an ok album but i only listend to it for a couple of weeks or so, and i just got a bit bored of it :erk: . But as i have said before these days im getting more and more into power metal (cos i love the really fast songs), i don't even listen to Saxon quite as often as i did in the past :OMG: . I suppose im just turning into a bit of a speedfreek in my old age lol????? :kickass: :heh: :hotjump:

CRUSADER747 said:
Each to there own, but i think Painkiller kicked more ass that ANY other priest album!! Its really heavy and there are quite a few faster songs on it. Im quite supprised that AOR has been as popular on here as it has been, i mean its an ok album but i only listend to it for a couple of weeks or so, and i just got a bit bored of it :erk: . But as i have said before these days im getting more and more into power metal (cos i love the really fast songs), i don't even listen to Saxon quite as often as i did in the past :OMG: . I suppose im just turning into a bit of a speedfreek in my old age lol????? :kickass: :heh: :hotjump:

Aye, each to their own! :headbang:
I liked AOR because it was very heavy, but at the same time, softer than Painkiller. It had great atmosphere really.. and incredible solos! I was kind a shocked how bad it was rated in many big music magazines :erk: .. it was like 3/5. There's one incredible song in Painkiller too, though.. Hell Patrol! Amazing song.

Hah, kind a funny... I was a huge power metal fan before, but then I got bored to it (after I saw Priest's Revolution video in TV). And while I chose heavy metal and abandoned power metal, you seem to have done the opposite :loco: There's only one solution to this problem. I order you to listen lots of Priest, Saxon and Glenn Tipton :heh:

Redman said:
Hah, kind a funny... I was a huge power metal fan before, but then I got bored to it (after I saw Priest's Revolution video in TV). And while I chose heavy metal and abandoned power metal, you seem to have done the opposite :loco: There's only one solution to this problem. I order you to listen lots of Priest, Saxon and Glenn Tipton :heh:

Well, i never said i had abandoned heavy metal, im just getting more into melodic power metal!!
I have liked Helloween since i was 18, but back then i was unable to find many other bands that did the same kind of stuff :erk:
But now (thanks to the internet) i can find other power metal bands and order cd's :kickass:
So now im really into bands like Dragonforce and Power Quest :headbang: and im now looking for other bands like them :)

I was a little suprised when i heard this news. My personal feeling is that the Priest can pull this off, its certainly an interesting enough subject.. Judas Priest have always evolved with each album, we have never had a British Steel 2 or a Painkiller 2 type of thing so this is a natural step for them. Also being that they intend to perform the entire thing live lends itself to justifying another Live DVD (and possible live CD)

Be weird, a Priest gig without 'Breakin the Law' etc. lol

Over 1 year on of listening, Angel of Retribution has proven its self to me to be an amazing piece of Priest work!!

KK also mentioned on rockdetector that there next tours would consist of rare songs and not victim of changes,breaking the law and livin'

he said songs like blood red skies and starbreaker would be played instead

KK also mentioned on rockdetector that there next tours would consist of rare songs and not victim of changes,breaking the law and livin'

Bosnian Witchfinder said:

Yeah, heard about it. That's a good thing, though I wouldn't mind if they only played their new songs.

Would be great to hear the more obscure Priest played live...Everywhere i read about Priests set lists thats what the fans want, the forgotten classics like Blood red skies etc. or songs they have never even played live before. I love the classics..But a gig with none of them would be a very bold step and i think it would make for a unique tour!! One i would love anyway!!

Thanks for that link btw Crusader!

valanx said:
Would be great to hear the more obscure Priest played live...Everywhere i read about Priests set lists thats what the fans want, the forgotten classics like Blood red skies etc. or songs they have never even played live before. I love the classics..But a gig with none of them would be a very bold step and i think it would make for a unique tour!! One i would love anyway!!

Thanks for that link btw Crusader!

The song Running Wild I like a lot... And luckily I did get the AOR CD a few weeks ago, and its brilliant, its a cd that has durabillity... I have to grow in some songs...after a few days they become my favorites..The same I had with a few songs on Saxon 's Lionheart... But in short: AOR is a fantastic piece of work...! When you listen good you can imagine why such CD's take some time to make it finish it.. I think that is what Saxon wants too, better wait a while for a CD, and then a fantastic CD which you play for years over and over again!

heavycelli said:
The song Running Wild I like a lot... And luckily I did get the AOR CD a few weeks ago, and its brilliant, its a cd that has durabillity... I have to grow in some songs...after a few days they become my favorites..The same I had with a few songs on Saxon 's Lionheart... But in short: AOR is a fantastic piece of work...! When you listen good you can imagine why such CD's take some time to make it finish it.. I think that is what Saxon wants too, better wait a while for a CD, and then a fantastic CD which you play for years over and over again!

Yeah, it's a nice whole album. I would even dare to say that it's propably (one of) the best JP album(s)! It's not yet classic album, but it will be, believe me! Priest is awesome band and I love every song of Priest, but I think they have one or two songs in every album (except AOR) that aren't all that good and catchy.

Anyway, I wouldn't actually mind if they only played new songs in their tour. It would be fair to everyone that way. I hate it when big bands make a new tour to celebrate their new release or somethin', and 90% of the set list is full of hit songs from previous albums and only couple of new songs... Too bad I'm in civil service whole next year so no chance for me to go to JP concert if they have one in Finland (if it's not in the weekend). If I don't turn up into civil service, I get shot by MPs, hah (well, most likely get into jail, but still..)

And Hopefully we will get some songs off Defenders Of The Faith on the next tour, they didnt play a single song of that album on the AOR tour.
They should totally scrap Turbo songs off the next tour.
I would love to hear Jawbreaker and Sinner played live!!!!!